Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SayWhatOneMoreTime

I need ideas, if anyone has any.

I'm making a uac base and I've been working on it since November last year but I haven't been fully working on it because I can't think of what all to put into the wad itself.

What I'm trying to say is what and how should I build the wad? I already have a ton of secrets and more than enough monsters to kill you instantly but I've just been building rooms with computers, monsters and weapons along with some ambushes.

Also I don't know if it goes well with the wad but I have rammstein's "feuer frei" Midi as the wads main song.

I also want the wad to somehow have two levels to it but I don't know how to do that.

Ideas. 1) Make sure the weapon progression isn't 'SG for the first 10-15% of the map -> CG for the next -> RL/SSG for the next -> SSG/RL for the next -> PR, with maybe a secret berserk or chainsaw'. Change stuff around, make it nonlinear, do whatever, just avoid that sort of stale progression that most newer mappers use in their first big map. 2) Barrels and barrel clusters. Criminally underused, even in 'base' maps. 

To combine two maps into a single wad, go to "Edit" -> "Map Options" in GZDB, and change the level name of one of the maps to MAP02. "File" -> "Save Map into" the wad that contains the other map.

2 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Ideas. 1) Make sure the weapon progression isn't 'SG for the first 10-15% of the map -> CG for the next -> RL/SSG for the next -> SSG/RL for the next -> PR, with maybe a secret berserk or chainsaw'. Change stuff around, make it nonlinear, do whatever, just avoid that sort of stale progression that most newer mappers use in their first big map. 2) Barrels and barrel clusters. Criminally underused, even in 'base' maps. 

To combine two maps into a single wad, go to "Edit" -> "Map Options" in GZDB, and change the level name of one of the maps to MAP02. "File" -> "Save Map into" the wad that contains the other map.

I have two ssg hidden pretty well, actually and thanks for telling me about the weapons because I have a table full on them on the wad map/file so i'll only have the pump shotguns and the rest of the weapons hidden.