Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altazimuth

Eternity Engine 4.00.00 Völuspá

Set sensitivity to 20-30 or more. Also there is acceleration, i use Choco mode and have set to 2. Mouse is perfect for me.

Thanks for the hint, I set it to 25 with Choco acceleration and it feels pretty alright now! Not sure why, since I already tried 20, 40 and a bunch of others, and different accelerations too, and they all felt bad. Maybe it's really a matter of fine-tuning... but it works perfectly in Chocolate Doom. Oh well, it's a lot more bearable after tweaking the settings.

I just started using Eternity after a looong time.

Well, this a noobish question but can anyone tell how to show stats (kills, items, secrets) on automap (if there is a way).

10 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

can anyone tell how to show stats (kills, items, secrets) on automap (if there is a way).

Use the 'Boom' alternative HUD. Pressing "+" while in-game will cycle it between full non-hud view and 'boom' hud, with the 'status' line showing those statistics.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:20 PM, Edward850 said:

Indeed, I'm well aware of how Eternity/Doom works. I work with the engine regularly. ;)

The difference between Quake and Doom is with Quake, you simply need to be able to reproduce the commands in the protocol. In Doom, you need to reproduce the engine exactly as it was to replay the demo, as the demo is just player inputs and only player inputs...

There's nothing in Eternity that offers differing compatibility in frame tables, so everything must play back at the same speed. The physics can have differences (hitscans can optionally collide with floors for example) but anything more drastic requires substantial redirection.

My guess is that Rimantas might be noticing the effects of interpolation/uncapped framerate, on an engine with some floating-point rendering precision updates. These features might make the game *look* a bit more fluid (which is pretty cool), without an actual frame table difference. What do you think, Rimantas?

Well, i don't use interpolation or uncapped framerate. I played on 320x200 resolution with Choco Doom for long time, then i switched to Eternity on 640x480. I can tell that on 320x200 Doom can look little bit slower sometimes. Maybe because of that pixel "censor" lol.

Here's another miscellaneous issue I just noticed. I added the Minor Sprite Fixing Project to the auto-loaded wad list... and it replaced the custom sprites in my mod! Shouldn't the auto-loaded wads be loaded before anything else?

On that note, I've noticed that loading even cosmetic wads such as the aforementioned sprite fixes causes No Rest and Master Levels to disappear from the episode selection menu. Would it be possible to make the program check the wads for new maps before making that kind of decision?

On 11/2/2018 at 7:43 PM, SiFi270 said:

Would it be possible to make the program check the wads for new maps before making that kind of decision? 

I honestly can't say how feasible such an idea is. Lots of potential edge cases that could foil such a system.

1 hour ago, Rimantas said:

Any plans for OPL in Eternity? 

Yes! In fact I was attempting it prior to GZDoom got its support using the same library as I was working with, but I ran into issues with EE's sound code. It's rather... fragile.

What kind of node builders eternity supports? I searched information, but I couldn't find. Zdbsp gives me white blank screen when I try test my almost finished map and only music plays. Zenmode node builder can't remove ugly slimetrails, even if it works. 

1 minute ago, Misty said:

What kind of node builders eternity supports?

All of them.  I'm using zdbsp myself. Due to mapsize I build with extended node format and an empty blockmap.