Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlackMetalChainsaw

Synthdoom by Black Metal Chainsaw

This looks fantastic, I love the idea and you're pulling the visuals off beautifully. And very cool you got the A-OK from Perturbator! Are you going to title it "Doomwave?" I hope so, because that is a great name :)

I am stuck between Doomwave and Synthdoom. I like them both lol

I asked James Kent (Perturbator) if I could use his music and he told me that he loves classic doom and is really excited about it

2 minutes ago, BlackMetalChainsaw said:

I asked James Kent (Perturbator) if I could use his music and he told me that he loves classic doom and is really excited about it

They're both great names so I'd say it's a win/win situation between your options! Can't wait to play it!

I am working as quickly as I can. I am trying to make the levels as abstract as I can honestly. The concepts come are in my dreams and stuff like that. It takes a little while to get the maps looking the way that they do in my mind. Doombuilder isn't always easy to work with in that respect. lol

You could do episodic beta releases and get all reviews and videos. Just a suggestion. 

I love your sense of style and musical predilections. These maps look absolutely sweet. 

Edited by Ajora

This is awesome.

3 hours ago, BlackMetalChainsaw said:

Most of the textures for this megawad are completely custom.

Are you giving other mappers permission to use them?  I've been toying with the idea of a level set in an abandoned mall, and this could be very useful.

At first I thought this was a new wave/synthpop collection of Doom music covers, but this is still very cool nonetheless. It's beautifully retro.

I don't mind other people using the textures once it is released. I will admit that I am a bit weary of this because I have spent a lot of time making something for someone else's project and they didn't credit my work and to this day no one knows that it was mine. I think that I may wait until a release for that.

Thank you for all of your support.

I'm now wondering if your megawad when complete will work with Brutal Doom? I bet it would be badass!

5 hours ago, krisrh21 said:

I'm now wondering if your megawad when complete will work with Brutal Doom? I bet it would be badass!

(Of course someone would ask for bd compability) Its just a mappack with (I think) no weapon/enemy replacements. It will work.

On 3/18/2018 at 12:33 AM, BlackMetalChainsaw said:

I thought the Doomwave project is renamed to SynthDoom.Such a cool theme

This looks incredible! I've been wanting to get into texturing to make the type of visuals you have here, and now I'm all the more motivated! 

Can't wait for the Release; any idea on when?