Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Albatross

Mothership - single level for Eternity

@Albatross

Very memorable work, mainly due to the complex portal architecture. The visuals perfectly conveys the atmosphere of an alien ship. In so many places it makes sense just to stop and admire, and these flying disks outside are just super!

The gameplay seemed a bit complicated for me. I was close to death several times. The greatest difficulty is created by chaingunners. Because of the abundance of open spaces, they are very effective. When I collected all the keys, I could not figure out for a long time where to go next. It was somewhat unobvious that i need to activate the switch on the pedestal in the center. And yes, then what followed then made me nervous ...

In general, great work. I'm waiting for more Eternity maps!

I'll try this map again, because was missed many secrets in first attempt...

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png  First Demo Attempt - Eternity 4.0

In my collection:

Blue_4-5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_4-5.png - Detailing (4 / 5)
Blue_4-5.png - Gameplay (4 / 5)
Blue_5-5.png - Atmosphere (5 / 5)
Orange_4-5.png - Difficulty (4 / 5)

Green_4-5.png - Overall Rating (4 / 5)

Edited by StormCatcher.77

@StormCatcher.77 

Cool, thanks for the review.

57 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

When I collected all the keys, I could not figure out for a long time where to go next. It was somewhat unobvious that i need to activate the switch on the pedestal in the center.

Well, the pedestal is at the very center of the map, with switches on all sides, so I figured the player would spot it at some point. I'll highlight the switches a bit more.

@Spectre01

The central area lags for me too. I only have a 5-year-old laptop though. 

Edited by Albatross

This WAD is now available on /idgames, and accessible through the usual frontend:

The file was erroneously rejected for "unmodified id Software resources" which turned out to just be two small rectangles with two shades of color each. I unrejected the file yesterday when I came back from a hiatus and it is now preserved on the archives. Enjoy!