Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uniQ

Have u ever...

Have you ever noticed that the tentacle guy that is starting to attack the doom guy while he is watching the machinery can actually be seen in the window before as a reflection (at 5:44 of the gameplay movie). That game will _really_ rock!

Have you ever noticed that the tentacle guy that is starting to attack the doom guy while he is watching the machinery can actually be seen in the window before as a reflection (at 5:44 of the gameplay movie). That game will _really_ rock!

It sure as hell will.

No, the Tentacle Commando is more athletic than the Quake Grunts. And he has a different outfit :)

But one thing I noticed a while ago, is that the Doom3 Commandos wear exactly the same army pants like an early skin for the Q3 Doom character (from early Q3 beta screenshots), even that scrotch protect plate thingie is the same.

Quakeguy has a box for a head. The Doom III commando looks a million times cooler IMO. The camouflage pants, the excessive muscles and tentacle whip really make the guy look impressive for a human. Just watch him breathe in the beginning of the Legacy/ATI 9700 vids... I'd say that so far this is the coolest looking character in Doom III.

Well that tentacle guy looks almost like those grunts from Quake! Or is me that i'm starting to see things?

Hmm, I see what you mean, but there are also VAST differences.

Similarities: They both wear a helmet with no visor and with these 'pipe' thingies at the sides of their cheeks (well, the Q1 grunts do have something remotely similar).

Differences: The commando wears these odd goggles, wears proper army pants with leg pockets and camouflage (drool!), has a tentacle arm and a mutated, seemingly naked torso.

Lord FlatHead said:

I'd say that so far this is the coolest looking character in Doom III.

Which is why I woulda been happier if the Doomguy had camouflage army pants.
Man, that would've improved his looks drastically.

[edit]Bah, my first attempt at merging threads has turned out to be a complete disaster![/edit]

Ultimate Demon said:

Where do i download the video?

We can't tell you because the video is illegal. And if anyone does, I crush their head. Isn't it weird that !!!!***GOOGLE***!!!! is banned in China?

(if you didn't catch that hint, you are a retard)

Lord FlatHead said:

I'd say that so far this is the coolest looking character in Doom III.

My so-far coolest looking monster is Birdman.His look is closer to demon from Hell than any other enemies(which looks more alien-like)

Dark-tenshi said:

My so-far coolest looking monster is Birdman.His look is closer to demon from Hell than any other enemies(which looks more alien-like)

I agree Birdman looks cool, but Drooly is cool as well. Hard choice...

Bah, I'm sure the Baron will own them all (of what we've seen so far that is) in terms of demonic looks as well as regular scare factor.

If the Hell Knight is roughly 2-3 feet taller than you (Doomguy), imagine how big the Cyber-demon will be.

The Cyber-demon would be more of a "oh shit!" monster though, rather than a "AHHHHHHHH!" type of demon.

However, I hope that they act it as well rather than just looking terrifying. Imagine looking at a wall only to have the Hell Knight lunge out of the shadows right in front of you and rip your head off in about half a second.

I can imagine an encounter with the cyberdemon would happen like this:

See cyber. Run away. Hide behind a wall. Save. Exit game.

Shaviro said:

I can imagine an encounter with the cyberdemon would happen like this:

See cyber. Run away. Hide behind a wall. Save. Exit game.

No, it will (hopefully) be more like this:

See cyber. Run away. Hide behind a wall. Cyber blows up wall (and you with it). Jump in shock and then start crying. Exit game.

:)

NiGHTMARE said:

No, it will (hopefully) be more like this:

See cyber. Run away. Hide behind a wall. Cyber blows up wall (and you with it). Jump in shock and then start crying. Exit game.

:)

Or like this:

See Cyber. Run away. Hide behind a wall. Cyber blows up wall. Jump in shock. Start crying. Exit game. Run out of room screaming.

;)

Shaviro said:

Or like this:

See Cyber. Run away. Hide behind a wall. Cyber blows up wall. Jump in shock. Start crying. Exit game. Run out of room screaming.

;)

Or:
See cyber. Run away. Hide behind a wall. Cyber blows up wall. Jump in shock. Start crying. Exit game. Run out of room screaming. Go into institution for crazy people.

Livo said:

The Cyber-demon would be more of a "oh shit!" monster though, rather than a "AHHHHHHHH!" type of demon.

You'll never know.
Anyway, I just hope the cybie will look really badass - it doesn't matter to me if it isn't grisly or scary in the same way as the other monsters (it might still have a certain deja-vu potential - let's hope) as long as it retains its position as the coolest looking Doom demon.

i wonder how many times we will get our ass kicked by Cyber.... BTW should Doom 3 have cheats? HELL NO!!

Hicks said:

should Doom 3 have cheats? HELL NO!!

Why not? I mean, most of the time I play with God Mode on during certain games when I go to fuck around like laying 500 land mines or whatever and blowing them up and shit. God Mode and other cheats are fun.

bigbadgangsta said:

Why not? I mean, most of the time I play with God Mode on during certain games when I go to fuck around like laying 500 land mines or whatever and blowing them up and shit. God Mode and other cheats are fun.

Exactly! Take GTA3 for example. It's so much fun to use the 'Turn the city into one huge battlefield'-cheats and watch the whole city go up in flames. Sure, it's completely unusefull, but who cares, it's fun!

yeah i know its fun.... but you will not actually enjoy a game with cheats... i mean.

¿will you enjoy fightin cyber demon with god mode?

I thought most of the cheats in FPS games were used in development to test certain aspects of the game, without needing to worry about dying or running out of ammo all the time.

Cheats are necessary when you want to test an incomplete map.

And yes, you can easily enjoy a game with cheats - giving yourself the Venom gun in the early levels of RtCW is so damn amusing that it almost beats playing the game normally.