Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Age of Hell: FPS game for GZDoom - DEMO OUT

>3GB.

Oh, why didn't you go for the 6GB version instead?

i got a pretty good deal on this one and the 6GB seemed like overkill for what I need at the moment. I'm not super picky when it comes to resolution and the benchmark checks showed minimal improvement with 6GB. I want to get a new cpu this year as well so didn't want to blow all the moneys.

OK, so it's taken me the better part of a week to back into the swing of this mapping stuff but I felt like tonight things were starting to click again. Good creative flow without sitting and staring at the screen for too long wondering what the fuck I do next.

These areas aren't finished but we're starting to get somewhere.

Screenshot_Doom_20180806_221018.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180806_220957.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180806_220927.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180806_221059.png

So I'm close to having the penultimate area finished. I'm guessing another week and then onto the last piece of this map which will be on the far western edge. There are some areas that need beautification but I'll probably come back to that later and, depending on time, do the final touch ups after the playtest release. I'm very keen to get something out next month even if it is rough around the edges. You've all been waiting so patiently :)

Megawad_at_2018_08_12_18_09_15_385_R3039

I hope that sky is a placeholder, or you are gonna have to tell me why you are putting a dull "entryway" sky here >:(

11 hours ago, Catpho said:

I hope that sky is a placeholder, or you are gonna have to tell me why you are putting a dull "entryway" sky here >:(

You don't like it? I'll post a pic when I get home from work that shows it off better because I think it contrasts the rest of the map quite nicely. It's not just an "entryway" sky, there's mountains and shit to make it more interesting and it's a full skybox. General consensus was that it was a good choice.

For those who are interested in the previously mentioned sky, this probably shows it off best. It's not super "evil" but I think it offsets the rest of the map nicely.

Screenshot_Doom_20180814_214212.png

Kind of reminds me of one of the beta skies from HL2:

ngndngg.jpg

That means it's great. I can also kinda see an angry face too.

5 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

For those who are interested in the previously mentioned sky, this probably shows it off best. It's not super "evil" but I think it offsets the rest of the map nicely.

Screenshot_Doom_20180814_214212.png

If your Sky animated, it will bee very cool :)

Hm, now that you mention that, I think some lightning in the sky would be pretty neat, but it'd probably have to be a bit darker than it currently is to work.

Environmental effects would be a cool addition but if I do them they will come later. I'll look into animating skies as well. Still a noob in that kind of stuff

Man those recent screenshots and map layouts look amazing. How is this even possible without getting strange bugs and / or overlapping linedefs / vertices?!

My activity level is still on-again, off-again, but looking over the most recent pics, this remains my Most Anticipated Wad.

Go, Bridge!!!!

looks beautiful as always. are you using the 3d floor gzdoom builder plugin that boris made? I haven't done a lot of mapping in udmf but I've found it to really speed up the process of creating 3d floors, and would definitely recommend it if you're not already using it

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

My activity level is still on-again, off-again, but looking over the most recent pics, this remains my Most Anticipated Wad.

Go, Bridge!!!!

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, Tango said:

looks beautiful as always. are you using the 3d floor gzdoom builder plugin that boris made? I haven't done a lot of mapping in udmf but I've found it to really speed up the process of creating 3d floors, and would definitely recommend it if you're not already using it

I don't find 3d floors super slow (I've gotten fairly practiced at it) but I'll check it out. I don't have any plugins yet but really should look into it. Cheers!

@Tango I haven't used it yet but I had a look into that 3dfloor plugin. If it does what it says on the packet then this looks AMAZING. Especially if it works for sloping floors. Thanks for putting me on to that!