Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Age of Hell: FPS game for GZDoom - DEMO OUT

oh yeah @Bridgeburner56 check out A_StartSound with the CHANF_OVERLAP flag - i have some sounds in my project that always have to be played and this will let you stack them to kingdom come. recommender for any notification sounds and monster sight/death!

4 hours ago, 666shooter said:

I do want to ask, since I think playing without these abilities probably had a significant impact on the experience for me, but what are the default bindings for hammer throw and the dash ability? Are they located in a section of Customize Controls I missed somewhere? I wouldn't mind even doing a third run through of this to see how much of an impact these skills have on the overall gameplay (it seems like hammer throwing is essential, but alt fire wasn't doing anything outside of the slam when I was playing).

Dash is 'shift' and hammer throw is hold down 'alt fire'. There a contextual help screen if you press F1 that will give you different info depending on what weapon you have out. There are hud messages that tell you all this at the start but people do miss them, so for the full game we will have a tutorial map to take people through the various mechanics.

@Bridgeburner56

Funnily enough, I know that the dash is there but I've never used it at all and never configured it because it wasn't necessary to begin with except that it's needed for the hammer upgrades (which in the demo, I selected the damage boost and the evading mana charge).

so for the full game we will have a tutorial map to take people through the various mechanics

I see...

Not sure if there's a new thread and I'm resurrecting the only one but damn was that demo good. Atmosphere, music, weapons were all great. I guess my only gripe would be the sound effects on some of the weapons but that's negligible. 

3 hours ago, RandoBust said:

Not sure if there's a new thread and I'm resurrecting the only one but damn was that demo good. Atmosphere, music, weapons were all great. I guess my only gripe would be the sound effects on some of the weapons but that's negligible. 

Glad you enjoyed it :D and this is still the main dev thread.
We're just about to release an update to the demo with some new content added in and the sounds are definitely something we're currently working to improve, especially the relative balance. I've got a news update to push as well which I should post soon.

23 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Glad you enjoyed it :D and this is still the main dev thread.
We're just about to release an update to the demo with some new content added in and the sounds are definitely something we're currently working to improve, especially the relative balance. I've got a news update to push as well which I should post soon.

Really looking forward to it!

Apparently, there is a new demo!

The spritework and sound design are cool, but I doubt I would be able to handle the slaughtermap-style gameplay... XD

I would not mind giving the arsenal a spin in regular Doom levels, though!

Edited by Rudolph