Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

What TV series did you watch recently

I watched the last season (S03) of "True Detective" and can highly recommend it. Great atmosphere, great actors and a very good soundtrack.

- Knightfall (season 1), but only up until the third or fourth episode. i thought it was like the movie 300, but with Templars instead of Spartans.

- Atypical (seasons 1 and 2)
Pretty nice for the most part, but after witnessing the gender politics shoehorning at the end of season 2, i give up.

Finished watching the second season of The Orville with my mom a little while ago. It was enjoyable. Waiting for the third season.

19 hours ago, TwinBeast said:

Finished watching the second season of The Orville with my mom a little while ago. It was enjoyable. Waiting for the third season.

I was rather surprised when Gordon's actor married Kelly's actress a few days ago. It will always make the dynamic of Seth's character more interesting in the future.

Finally started Breaking Bad last night and almost finished one season.

8 hours ago, seed said:

Wise decision. 

Mindhunter: Really great show about the thoughts and processes of serial killers. At points quite intense.

And yes, The Orville is just overally an amazing show right now and I hope it can keep this level of quality for at least three more seasons.

I watched cobra kai after taking a trial for youtube premium. This was surprisingly good and now, i cant wait for season 3. 

I have been playing DooM and Quake a lot here lately with the time I do have but I love anything with Gordon Ramsay, he is hilarious.

*Gordon sips water from glass" 

Gordon: It's dry" 

I did like The Killing, Dexter, rematched The Sopranos and The Shield (I named my son after one of the main characters from The Shield, since my ex wouldn't let me have a Jr) over the last 6 month and despite Grey's Anatomy losing its umf, that too.

Finished Chernobyl the other night, and I gotta say they absolutely knocked that one right out of the park. They managed to perfectly capture just how grim and harrowing the situation was, along with the selflessness and suffering a lot of the people involved had to go through. The entire incident is still a cautionary tale about the follies of people in power making and doing dumb decisions over things they can't (or refuse to) understand, and the writers and actors capture that and really nail it in good.

In all honesty when I had heard about it coming out I was expecting to at least like it, having had a moderate interest in the incident beforehand. The show being as good as it is and resonating amazingly with a lot of people is a really pleasant surprise.

Started season 4 of The Wire. Tommy is such an unlikeable asshole. Nothing about his subplot has really gone anywhere or tied into anything yet, but it's kinda fun watching him self destruct. I dig Snoop quite a bit, even though I find a lot of what she says difficult to understand.

I want to clarify something for a moment. I've defended the final season of Game of Thrones a lot more than most people online have. And there's nothing wrong with someone's opinions evolving. After reading into the plot holes, and idiotic character inconsistencies a bit more (A Youtube channel by the name of 'Supercuts Delight' has a really good video pointing out all of the many problems with season eight) I've come to the conclusion that season eight of Game of Thrones is unmitigated garbage. It's a shame the show had to go out the way that it did, but I'm not going to dwell any longer on it.

Just finished Haunting of Hill House. Solid horror, really enjoyed it. It twists and turns, and it didn't end on what I expected. But I don't watch horror films to see the endings I expected.

Inside No. 9 is fantastic show if you like British dark humor and series like the Twilight Zone.  Even just calling it a dark comedy is doing it a disservice since it’s an anthology show and every episode is completely different, some are funny, some are scary, some are dramatic and any combination of the three and more.  It’s amazing to me that they can tell such great, well written stories with a beginning, middle and end in just 30 minutes. I was surprised to have never heard of it until recently.  I just finished all 4 seasons and am looking forward to when the fifth comes out.

Edited by ShortedOutFuse

On 6/5/2019 at 2:18 AM, Welfare Prodigy said:

I love anything with Gordon Ramsay, he is hilarious.

*Gordon sips water from glass" 

Gordon: It's dry"

I can never get enough of him. It's his insults and comebacks that make him brilliant, his similies are the best. Gandhi's Flip Flop is one of the winners.

And the fact he's doing better than Jamie Oliver.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:54 AM, seed said:

Finished it a few days ago. Definitely good and not overrated in my book, and a very fitting ending to the series too.

Now watching Netflix's Castlevania, this promises to be fun and the animation and atmosphere is just so good.

Spoiler

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, Season 1.  It is gloriously terribad.

Also watching Dexter, Season 6 with my wife.  It's just bad.

The Sopranos 👌.

Started it a new days ago, and I'm enjoying it so far for sure.

I just watched the series finale of iZombie. It was ok. Not the best series finale I've seen, but there are waaaay worse ones out there (*cough* Dexter, *cough* How I Met Your Mother)

I just watched an episode of Rick and Morty for the first time in my life. Cousin Nicky is now one of my favorite animated characters of all time. It's like we say in Brookllyn; WEEEEE'RE WALKIN' HERE! That was earth-shatteringly hilarious, but I saw the ending coming a mile away and I thought it was the only unfunny joke. Maybe even a little depressing. Pencilvester and Photographer Raptor were also amazing. I found the parasites to be a lot more endearing and respectable than the human characters, and even kinda sympathetic. Sleepytime Gary was also a really good person, even though he was cheating on his wife. This episode was by far better than any episode of Futurama I've ever watched. 

@Ajora One of my favourite episodes. The show is pretty good, its somewhat dark and depressing while a bunch of crazy antics are done.

I watched Season 1 of Mindhunter. It's pretty great. Kind of a slow start, but it is really engaging once the show moves along.