Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Most Recent TV series you last saw

1 hour ago, Maser said:

I honestly have no real use for TV anymore.  I would have already cancelled my cable if it wasn't for my wife and kids who still watch it. 

Know what you mean, I no longer have any use for the TV either, especially now when everything is on the internet.

I haven't opened the TV in years.

I just watched the first episode of DARLING in the FRANXX, and it was AWESOME!

Posted (edited)

I rewatched Continuum and The Americans (start to finish, as they have both ended). I'm currently rewatching Travelers (which has a third season on the way).

Yeah, not much new stuff worth watching at present. I'm sort of watching Black Mirror, but with each one a standalone self-contained story, it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Edited by Grazza

On 8/7/2018 at 11:32 PM, Grazza said:

My wife bid on some items from the show that were being auctioned, and "won" three of them:

* Oleg's leather jacket

* Some kind of sign in Russian

* Something else

I don't know if the mail robot was for sale. Beep beep beep.

A few weeks ago I watched Season 1 of Westworld. It has excellent writing, production value, overall plot, and character development. The action is nicely done as well.

Thandie Newton as Maeve Millay was an excellent and ruthless foil to the "system". However, I felt it was implausible that a 19th century character (even an android) would learn about 21st century information technology so rapidly. Moreover, the ability for an android to so thoroughly manipulate higher security protocols and over-ride the commands of the programmers defies belief. [Whatever happened to the "lysine contingency"? Heh.] Although I recognize the need for such a plot device in order to advance the overall story, I felt this part was somewhat sloppy on the part of the writers.

Regardless, I look forward to watching Season 2.

I plowed through ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK: SEASON 6. The girls go to maximum security. I was so clueless with this season since it's a continuation of the previous season. There needed to be a recap or something and I think other Netflix shows do that.

The season was more about remixing things or shuffling the girls around to get them out of their comfort zones to break out of the redundancy of the black girls hanging with the black girls, white girls hanging with the white girls and Latins hanging out with the Latins. I say that... but by the end, it seemed like all the same colors gravitated toward their own colors by the end. New white characters hanging out with old white characters. New Latins hanging out with old Latin characters. New black guards hanging out with old black characters. Lots of background characters had their own storylines in this season.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:49 PM, Doomkid said:

Loved Breaking Bad, still yet to watch Better Call Saul but it's on my radar. Also keen to give The Orville a spin as I'm a big fan of TNG, TOS and DS9.

I watched Breaking Bad well after it was done with its broadcast run, and I was hooked on it for its entirety.

I recently got through the first 3 seasons of Better Call Saul, which relies on a different kind of drama than Breaking Bad, but is satisfying nonetheless. You won't go wrong if you devote the time it requires.

ST: TNG and ST: DS9 are probably among my all-time favorite TV shows. To the point that I overcame my natural stinginess and forked over hundreds of dollars to buy the boxed sets. I couldn't really get into ST: Enterprise (even though I do like Scott Bakula), but I did like ST: Voyager.

I held off on watching Enterprise for years (the trailers didn't make it look very appealing, and I guess I was hoping that after Voyager they'd jump to the 29th century rather than do the "prequel" thing), but when I gave it a go on Netflix, found it to be OK for the first two seasons, and actually rather good by season 3 (longer and better story arcs). So if you stick with it, you might find it rewarding.

Posted (edited)

Well, I am really confused honestly, I still have plenty of series I'm yet to watch or need to catch up with, and some of them are so long (see below) I've no idea I'll even have the time to watch them.

I've watched some episodes from the old Doctor Who series when Twitch streamed it recently and I found it captivating, but... 600+ episodes -__- . Plus the more recent one...

Either way, for the time being I'll try resuming the ones I've already started, so tonight it's time for more Star Trek: The Next Generation 👊.

Edited by Agent6

18 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Either way, for the time being I'll try to resume the ones I've already started, so tonight it's time for more Star Trek: The Next Generation 👊.

Make it so.

I started American Horror Story last week on Netflix and am on the last episode of Season 1 right now. It started off well to me but as the story has unraveled it's become a whole lot less intriguing, eerie, or even interesting and I almost feel like I've wasted my time with it. I'm hesitant to bother with any of the subsequent seasons. Thoughts from anyone that's familiar with this one?

I watched series 2 of The New Statesman on the weekend, and then the wife and I started in on season 3 of Banshee.  My word, that's a silly, silly show.

I signed up for my one month every year subscription at Hulu and I canceled Netflix for a month... once it expires. I need a new coat of paint on the wall to make me miss Netflix. Visiting Hulu it's as if I never left it one year ago. Same movies. Same setup. It's amazing that nothing changed. I assume there are more TV shows, but just digging through the movies alone they have the same thing from a full year ago. Hulu has a lot of current movies I'd actually watch... but I say current when now these movies are a few years old versus Netflix which seems to collect things from 10 - 15 years ago.

With no new movies on Hulu to watch... I plowed through the latest season of Archer. It was awesome and the entire series is awesome and still manages to keep itself fresh with a new gimmick each season. Archer just blows by so fast. The episodes are so short without commercials.

Speaking of Archer... Who says you can't kill off the namesake of a show and keep it going? ... Roseanne's producers could learn something about that.

Speaking of Roseanne... not that I've seen the show in 20 years, but I used to watch it and its reruns a lot. I'm sure if Roseanne said something scandalous to get the show kicked off the air, that's money and jobs ABC is losing over a Twitter comment. Kill off the character and resurrect her in 2 seasons when the whole thing blows over. A lot of people just want to be entertained. Heck they kept "8 Simple Rules" going when John Ritter died.

I started watching the Orville again for a second time, which is what convinced me to start up my Hulu again as FOX's website suddenly won't let me view without signing up and providing a cable operator. Well last year they were fine with me seeing 1 commercial and watching commercial free for the rest of the hour. I watch the Orville reruns on Fox with my friend and it's just a joy to watch and see. She isn't into science fiction, but she really likes the show... probably for its aesthetic and fun alone.

Another friend and I watched a few episodes of the Black Mirror. I've already seen it, you've already seen it. She's getting her Instagram up and running, so she can quit her day job, so I had to show her the episode with the rate each and every interaction. More episodes followed.

Just wanted to choose some less serious series during the weeks of university exams thats why i choose

Warehouse 13. 

It had weak start, the chars are maybe annoying, the last season is weak too, the low budget is noticable. but i can admit none of the episodes made me bored so i watched the whole series in a month. (I just loved the whole idea of the warehouse that collects dangeourus possesion of famous people)

Started watching Eureka (the other syfy series)

So far it's a mixed bag with cool and boring episodes

I hope it's get better after season 3

I checked out a few episodes of Archer recently. I find that the show is pretty damn funny when Archer is the person speaking or doing something, but I've yet to see any of the other characters do or say anything entertaining.