Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A person

DoomGuy's MSPaint adventure!

A weapon pack hellbent on creating MSPaint weapons, there is no pistol replacement, you know why? I had no ideas that didn't involve drawing hands, each weapon is in a separate slot because I found it an easier way around assigning 2 weapons to one slot.

Hope you like it, it's my first real attempt at a weapon pack.

Weapons list:

Sword, (Demonic) Pizza Cutter

Pistol

Hunting Rifle, Dual Shotguns (My Favorite)

Machine Gun

Grenade Launcher (No, the grenades do not have gravity because the gravity flag wouldn't work)

Personal Destructor Device

Doom Bringer (No explanation needed)

Download!:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lt51b0o3oo3reb3/DoomMSPaint.pk3

Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_183101.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_183209.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_183218.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_183245.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_183307.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_183312.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_183334.png

welcome to the world of doom blacksmithing. are you using DEHACKED or DECORATE?

I think you should create an alternate fire for some of the weapons. 

Also, Cyberdemons use grenades now.

Generally, a very balanced weapon set; perhaps a little stronger than the original DOOM weapons. BFG is sorta like having svfastweapons 1 or 2 on for a normal BFG at the cost of 10 extra cells a shot. The PDD (plasma replacement) is kind of like a plasma version of SSG.

I use DECORATE, I don't know how to use DeHacked

I will look into the black magic that is altfires, the cyberdemon shoots grenades because it completely replaces rockets, but you can now kill cyberdemons faster (As they do more damage than rockets)

I couldn't figure out how to make the BFG replacement fire slower, I tried to see what would happen if it went for a few more tics, but apparently you need alot of tics to make something even slightly slower.

Also, is the Pizza Cutter Raise sound annoying? If so, I can remove it. Thanks for the feedback man.

6 hours ago, A person said:

I use DECORATE, I don't know how to use DeHacked

I will look into the black magic that is altfires, the cyberdemon shoots grenades because it completely replaces rockets, but you can now kill cyberdemons faster (As they do more damage than rockets)

I couldn't figure out how to make the BFG replacement fire slower, I tried to see what would happen if it went for a few more tics, but apparently you need alot of tics to make something even slightly slower.

Also, is the Pizza Cutter Raise sound annoying? If so, I can remove it. Thanks for the feedback man.

DECORATE is better and easier to use - at this point DeHacked is really only for vanilla compatible wads.

Multi-slotting your shotguns is a good idea as well - I think of BFG weapons as being in slot 7, plasmas in slot 6, Rockets in 5, you get the picture. Slot 1 is also a multislot weapon. You have your chainsaw and your fists (berserk).

Keep in mind a tic is not equal to a second. 1 tic is 1/35th of a second. So you'll need 150 tics for a little over 4 seconds - this you can find here: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Definitions

I think the pizza cutter should have a different sound - it doesn't resemble a pizza cutter. 

Multi-slotting seemed to have one weapon replace the other, that's not something I know how to fix