This is a re-release of Vrack 2. This version contains the following fixes:
* People complained that I hadn't built a REJECT table, so their
computers went slow with the level. Here you go, a brand spanking
REJECT table. Built with Zennode, as RMB crashed with a runtime
error after 0.2 seconds.
* Skies fixed. They are all truly double and authentic now. There are
Vrack(1)-style streaks visible if you look close, but you don't see
them unless you really look for them. I might add that these streaks
will NOT be present in Vrack 3, I was just too lazy to remove them
for a crappy re-release like this.
* Added deathmatch starts. Dunno why, I think it could be fun somehow.
I might try myself some day.
* Updated this text file with appropriate fixes (new file, site,
e-mail addresses, changes, etc.
Otherwise, this is the same map as vrack2.wad.
I did NOT modify gameplay anything. You people who complained about this map
being too hard: Don't play it on UV unless you ARE a mad maniac. It's enjoyable
on skill levels 1-3.
* Adam Williamson, who tested... tested... dammit, I wonder if he didn't spend more time testing than I did building.
* Arioch, for generously testing, suggesting and commenting, plus webcasting it and, of course, promoting it on Doomworld.
* Chrozoron, who tested, tested, tested, tested some more and finally tested it again, and also gave me a lot of comments, ideas and suggestions.
* Tarin, who tested, tested, complained, complained and further - complained. At least it was constructive. * Wim Vanrie, testing and testing and, umm, telling me how perfect the design was :)
* ... and everybody else who tested it :P I should quit doing those mass-DCC:s. Kissing my ass seems to work far too good.
* id Software for Doom
* TeamTNT for Boom
* SBSoftware for DeepSea
* Creator of WinTex
* Randy Heit for ZDoom
* Whoever composed the music
* Newdoom.com for hosting & stuff
* Doomworld for being a great news site
* All you who told me how amazing you thought the screenshots looked. Without the great interest in this project, I would maybe have given up! :)
* You who download it and play it!
Yes, of course it's a base. (j/k :) planned and built from scratch. A few sectors copied from Vrack, but it's all original.
I checked and found that the file was created December 13, 2000. That means a build time of 3 months. That makes an average of 200 sidedefs/day! In hours, it couldn't be more than 200 or so, I _have_ been doing other stuff during this period (though the nights by the computer got late sometimes ;)
* DeepSea by SBSoftware. This is really a great editor which I strongly recommend. It gets terribly slow with big maps, but you won't notice before 8000 sidedefs :)
* WinTex for WAD stuff
>Yes :( Most of the bugs are concerning the skies. Weird stuff happens. Just don't go for finding the bugs. Note that you get stuck with Legacy at a point.
>It is possible that I release an updated version to fix eventual disasters.