Viscous Realms is a large Boom-format hell map that is themed around three of OTEX's liquids: blood, goop, and lava. Estimated playtime is 1-2 hours.|
Gameplay-wise, combat starts off simple, but soon escalates into fast-paced and action-packed battles. However, all difficulty settings have been implemented and tested, so all skill levels should be catered for! There is also a significant amount of optional/secret content (marked by the orange, green & black skull bars). Freelook is optional, but jump/crouch is disabled.
UV - Very challenging, be prepared to die frequently unless you are used to difficult maps. Playtesters: Soulless, FrancisT218, BluePineapple72, Dubbag, Nakiserroh, davidasaad, MrZzul, Clippy, Biodegradable
HMP - Takes some of the heat out of the spiciest encounters, whilst still presenting a reasonable challenge Playtesters: HAK3180, Austinado, Suitepee
HNTR - Significantly increases the player's margin for error to make for a more accessible experience, whilst still providing plenty of action Playtesters: Andromeda, TheEvilGrin, Terminus
Music: Title: Hades' Maw by Jimmy Map 1: Mysteries of Egypt by Jimmy Intermission: In a Blaze of Glory by Jimmy Map 2 (no-exit ending map): Quell the Beast by Jimmy
- Huge thanks to Jimmy for both composing the music, and creating the "Viscous Realms" map name logo (M_DOOM graphic)|
- ukiro for the OTEX texture set used in this map
- Mechadon for the status bar, and skillsaw for the HUD border textures
- Everyone who playtested my map - all of your feedback has been incredibly valuable!
- Special thanks to FrancisT218, Austinado, davidasaad, MrZzul, Suitepee and Terminus for livestreaming their playthroughs on Twitch!
New from scratch|
Ultimate Doom Builder, SLADE3, Doom Writer|