STOKER2 DOOM ][|
- Designed for Doom II deathmatch ( -altdeath highly recommended ). Stoker2 came about due to the e-mail I received on Stoker.wad. Most of the e-mail I received was very favorable however there was almost a unanimous request for monsters. Therefore Stoker2 has monsters along with some architectual changes from Stoker to accomodate them. There's an old saying "Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it". In skill level 4 there are probably more monsters than most people can handle. Be forewarned...MONSTERS, MONSTERS, MONSTERS.|
- This level's venue is a European mansion several hundred years old. There is a noticeable lack of technology other than the weapons, they are all included. There are no teleporters and only one lift, which is in the center of the courtyard. I tried to give this level the look and feel of a real place. The size of the WAD file is mainly due to the amount of detail I put in each room (fireplaces, beams, furniture etc.).
- This level was inspired by the Ledges series in that there is a central courtyard surrounded by a series of rooms and walkways.
- I tried to satisfy the two different types of deathmatch playing styles. There are several snipe points for those who like to wait in ambush (some of which are accessible only through secret doors), and open areas (ie. the courtyard).
- There are 8 deathmatch starts. All starts are in rooms which have one exit which is only opened from the inside. Each start position has a single pump action shotgun, a box of shells and a backpack. This was done by a suggestion one of my testers made to make all the starts fair, and to also eliminate materializing in front of another player after being killed, which usually gave somebody an easy frag. After all who wants hollow victories!
- All rooms (other than the start rooms and some secret rooms) have multiple exits. This way it's hard to be trapped in a room without an avenue of escape if needed.
- This level has been throughly tested in 2, 3 and 4 player deathmatches. In 4 player deathmatches we have averaged 1 kill every 20 seconds. In one testing run (testing? hee hee) we had, we played a 4 player deathmatch for 1.5 hours and totaled over 350 kills. Since we play 4 player deathmatches I designed this level for that, therefore Stoker2 is probably to big for 2 player deathmatches. However, 2 player DM's are interesting if you use monsters on skill levels 1 or 2. We also tested this level in single player mode using skill levels 4 and 5. Skill level 4 is challenging but possible. Skill level 5 is impossible.
Id Software (Doom is bound for the Hall of Fame) Ben Morris for writing DCK v2.2 (A great editor).|
About 4 hours since I only modified Stoker.wad.|
DCK v2.2, idbsp v1.1|
None known, but if you find one please let me know.|