XENOSX9.WAD for Doom II|
Deathmatch maps for two- and multiplayer games.|
- The XeNoS Series files follow certain naming conventions: the files without an 'x' between 'xenos' and a number, as in 'xenos#.wad', will consist of a single level replacing map #. If you see an 'x', as in 'xenosx#.wad', then the file is a compilation of the first # maps. For example: xenos2.wad - map 2 xenosx9.wad - maps 1 through 9.
NOTE!!!!! Maps 1 through 5 have all been significantly altered after the feedback from players around the world, so they are NOT LMP-compatible with xenosx4.zip or xenosx5.zip. Please delete the older files in favor of xenosx9.zip unless you are for some reason prefer the older versions of the maps.
Playing tips: Maps 5 through 7 are best for 3- to 4-player games
- Map 1: you now have two exits from the chaingun compartment respawn. The window behind you can be opened.
- Map 4: you can shut off the BFG, and you can reopen it right back. :)
- Map 5: you can turn the lights on and off in the building with grated windows.
- Map 6: listen to the sounds! There are distinct giveaways almost for every possible location of your opponent. Of course, in multiplayer you will be way too busy. :)
- Map 7: beware of the invulnerability artifact!
- Map 8: you can get the plasma rifle by jumping from the ledge.
- Map 9: nothing mysterious there. You get the plasma weapons after teleporting onto the corresponding platforms.
For 2-player modem games, I highly recommend using blueguy.wad (ftp.cdrom.com), which somewhat reduces the notorious Indigo advantage.
If you find bugs: There are no known bugs in the maps, so please let me know if you find one.
The game made by: id Software, the visionary company... For the last two years my life has never been the same because of them. Guys at id, I hold a grudge... please make a Doom3 with the Quake engine! It is SO not like you to be missing out on such an opportunity. Hire me, I'll help. :)
Additional Thanx: To Thomas Zajic, who kept bugging me until I fixed the exit door misaligned texture in map 4... (Thomas, you're in! :) To all good people who have been giving me feedback and suggestions. Also to all the cool folks who will be kind enough to send me the LMPs of them fighting in my maps!
I strongly encourage you to e-mail me with any comments or suggestions for improvements you may have. Getting back to me is the only way of letting me know that somebody likes (or doesn't like) playing my maps, so don't be shy.
All new levels from scratch.|
Tell me about it.|
DCK 2.2f and 3.61, WinTex 4.3, and what not...|