This release brings some rather significant improvements over Chocolate Doom 2.0.0. Some highlights of what has been added among all four games supported are:
- Support for substitute music packs in Ogg Vorbis or FLAC formats, intended to replace OPL or MIDI synthesis with recordings from a Roland SC-55
- Support for joysticks and gamepads has improved significantly, with several built-in configurations for common devices
- Multiplayer with fully working sound should work for all platforms now. The old netsync code is also presently the default mode until 2.0.0's kinks can be worked out.
- PNG screenshots are now supported. Taking screenshots without -devparm is also supported.
- The -geometry command-line parameter now works more like PrBoom, allowing you to specify a windowed or full-screen mode with the letters 'w' or 'f' appended to the dimensions.
- All games now exit with a helpful error message when the wrong IWAD is loaded (eg, hexen.wad with Chocolate Strife)