A new beta version of the client/server internet Doom port csDoom has been released. This includes the master server source but the client/server source for Win32 and fbsd binaries will be released at a later date. So, what's new you ask... here's shortened list:
- Lost UDP packets are re-sent. Weapons won't shoot wrong ammo and half-dead corpses won't appear any more.
- Teleport bug fixed, door/lift sounds work properly.
- Includes a simple server spy for linux and new v2.0 launcher.
- Mapcycling works in background.
- csdoom.dhs.org refers to the current master server IP.
- Remote console added. You can change any server settings remotely. You can add maps to the map cycling list, change dmflags, fraglimit, etc.
- Teamplay has been added!
You can get the Win32/Linux binaries and Linux/FreeBSD server source mirrored at our source port section. Now, go play!