Despite our lack of updates for the past few days, the world has in fact moved on, so here's a big batch of Doom 3 news which has transpired while we were sleeping:
- Gamespy's third interview with id Software talks to Graeme Devine and Tim Willits about the finer points of the sound engine and the game's design.
- In the annual "best of E3" articles that spring up all over the web, Doom 3 got more than a few mentions for its crazy next-gen technology. Gamespy calls it best overall PC game, and PC.IGN calls it the game of the show, as does Well-Rounded Entertainment.
- According to a Gamespot article, Doom III for Xbox is a possibility. Wasn't it always? Is this new?
- More-mainstream media magnate MSNBC macks on movie madly.
- Wired posted an audio interview with John Carmack and Trent Reznor, talking about Doom 3 (natch), especially the engine and the sounds/music (double natch). It's an audio stream, but quake.de has posted a MP3 version if that floats your boat instead.