- Compatible with the win32 Doom 3 version 1.1, released earlier this week.
- Only supported by NVidia graphics hardware/drivers as of now, ATI will at some point, eventually, release drivers that support Doom 3.
- No amd64 builds at this time, though the statically linked binary ought to work on amd64 systems (Ed.: because NVidia provides a 32-bit compatibility interface in their drivers).
- Localization not tested, probably best to avoid copying over the zpak000.pk4 file for now.
- OSS API required for stereo sound, ALSA and 5.1 sound not supported yet. (Ed.: ouch)
- If you happen to go outside, the oxygen meter gauge will remain displayed even after you get back inside.
- Doom III would hang during starting if you redirect the output. Pass +set in_tty 0 on the command line to fix: $ doom3 +set in_tty 0 > output.txt
Of course, if you already have the win32 Doom 3, you could just copy over the pak files like the FAQ specifies and run the full game with the binaries, instead of downloading the demo.
The biggest thing for all of us to know out of all this is that Linux dedicated servers will be coming out of the woodwork.