The forums are a pretty good place to find news, I find. Saves me from checking e-mail and sifting through various people who decide to email us maps or random statements about Doom 3 or politics or how to fix their toilets or something. At any rate, Doom Builder which has been all the rage for many editors recently, has been finalized to version 1.0 and the source code has been released. For anyone living under a rock here's a partial feature list:
- Editing in real-time 3D Mode! (like Duke Nukem 3D build)
- Full Hexen and ZDoom support!
- Editing modes Things, Vertices, Lines and Sectors for optimal editing flexibility.
- Script editor for ACS, FraggleScript and Dehacked.
- Game configurations to define what the editor will support.
Doom Builder is free of charge and the source is released under the GNU General Public License. Enjoy folks!