Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Doom On The XBox?!?


    Linguica

    A certain EBGames page is showing a new upcoming XBox title called "DOOM 3: The Collector's Edition." Now Doom 3 on the XBox has been known about for years, but the description of one thing it includes is a little more interesting:

    Full versions of the original ULTIMATE DOOM and DOOM II. With single player or deathmatch and co-op in 2-4 player split-screen modes.

    Uh... huh. Thanks S1lent.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Corn foodle, I was hoping for XBL support.

    Still, split screen Doom? That may finally entice my friends to FINALLY try Doom/Doom 2.

    I wonder if it's a straight port or if they will add any new features...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Links?

    doomdc.tk

    Currently DOOMX on the XBOX does not support split screen, though it does support networking and pretty much everything else that WinDOOM supports.

    DOOM Legacy on the other hand is still in alpha stages, but already support split screen and networking. More to come on this one! We need a Gl wrapper Direct 3D support badly!

    As for this news, I'm going to go reserve mine now! First off, I collect DOOM crap, the only thing I think I don't have, is a copy of Chex Quest on CD with sleeve. :/

    So, I have to get this, but also for the 4 player split screen which is something unique to ID's port. :)
    I'm half shocked they did not pick up Legacy themselves, being that it seems to be the DOOM team's favorite port.

    Anyhow, JDOOM needs to become resource friendly first, but ZDOOM could definatly use an XBOX port next, hint hint.

    There is a free and legal dev kit available now, and ZDOOM looks great in software mode, plus we'd finally have Strife on the XBOX as well. :)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    bartwart said:

    They can make DoomI/II split screen, but they can't make the damn Halo PC co-op non-split screen?

    Whoa what? I didn't think there was ANY Halo co-op on PC.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    zombiecommando said:
    im probably now more excited than i was for the pc version just think all the doom games in one sweeeeeeeet

    Like Doom collecters edition for the pc?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    XDelusion said:

    Links?

    doomdc.tk

    Currently DOOMX on the XBOX does not support split screen, though it does support networking and pretty much everything else that WinDOOM supports.

    DOOM Legacy on the other hand is still in alpha stages, but already support split screen and networking. More to come on this one! We need a Gl wrapper Direct 3D support badly!

    As for this news, I'm going to go reserve mine now! First off, I collect DOOM crap, the only thing I think I don't have, is a copy of Chex Quest on CD with sleeve. :/

    So, I have to get this, but also for the 4 player split screen which is something unique to ID's port. :)
    I'm half shocked they did not pick up Legacy themselves, being that it seems to be the DOOM team's favorite port.

    Anyhow, JDOOM needs to become resource friendly first, but ZDOOM could definatly use an XBOX port next, hint hint.

    There is a free and legal dev kit available now, and ZDOOM looks great in software mode, plus we'd finally have Strife on the XBOX as well. :)


    You need a modded xbox to run this stuff, though, don't you?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    You could probaly just download the ports off of XBox live, but I am not 100% sure. I am looking at the page now to see whether or not you have to have live or a modded XBox.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    zombiecommando said:

    the collectors edition didn't have doom 3


    Yes, but it did have more than one Doom game. Besides, why would they have Doom 3? Well, I guess the preview content is enough.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    So has anyone confirmed if you can just burn the appropriate files to a DVD and throw it in an unmodded xbox?

    I would love to try it out but mine is unaltered (and only 2 weeks old).

    edit: Also, yes I registered to ask this question, but I have visited many times and don't intend this to be my one and only post.;)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Yes, you would need to MOD your XBOX, but now that is getting REALLY easy, so easy infact that you don't even need to open it anymore.
    I downloaded a kit the other day called SIN, which MODed my nieces XBOX in about 1 minute. Of course that is not the best pack out there atm, but it's what I had used.

    Hardwiring is another option if you own and XBOX prior to version 1.6, otherwise you can always waste money on a MOD chip.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Ultraviolet said:

    Whoa what? I didn't think there was ANY Halo co-op on PC.


    Nah. Its just that I read an article once where a director for the company that made Halo whined that it would be too difficult to have Halo coop on the PC, because the coop was designed to work on a splitscreen.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    I guess the thing to do is to buy one Xbox for xbox live and one for modding. I think I'll keep mine intact for the time being.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    bartwart said:

    Nah. Its just that I read an article once where a director for the company that made Halo whined that it would be too difficult to have Halo coop on the PC, because the coop was designed to work on a splitscreen.

    It's more that it was designed to display player perspectives based on one tracked gamestate. Not modular enough to keep track on a peer-to-peer gamestate setup, apparently. It's got nothing to do with the display. Apparently the major limiting factor is the checkpoint save system.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×