The new version of Freedoom is ready and available hot off the presses! A ton of major changes have been made since the last version, and the team is happy that they are able to release it.
- New file names no longer conflict with Doom's. freedoom1.wad is Freedoom: Phase 1, the Ultimate Doom compatible IWAD. freedoom2.wad is Freedoom: Phase 2, the Doom 2 and Final Doom compatible IWAD.
- FreeDM and Phase 1 have grown out of the shadows of the project and have seen rapid development to place them as equals in the Freedoom project, by efforts largely lead by Protox.
- New text font from Mechadon to replace the old one in all the menus, in-game text, and status bar HUD.
- New zombie, shotgun zombie, and assault tripod (Cyberdemon) sprites by raymoohawk.
- New sounds for the dark soldier (Revenant) by Jewellds.
- More complete support for Final Doom mods, adding many more textures missing to support mods for both tnt.wad and plutonia.wad