Announcing the release of version 1.8.6_g of GZ3Doom, a stereoscopic 3D mod of GZDoom, for the Oculus RiftVR head set, Nvidia 3D vision glasses, and other 3D eyewear. Recent improvements in this release include:
- Avoid camera problem when viewing Rift mode without an actual Oculus Rift attached.
- Merge latest changes from gzdoom upstream
- Apply late-scheduled head tracking, to reduce latency, to make menu viewing more comfortable, and to reduce nausea in doom mods that force head position.
- Elevate per-eye camera shift from OpenGL-only, up to renderer camera, to avoid missed textures in culling.
- Reset pitch and roll when leaving rift mode.