Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Insert Touch Pun Here


    Trasher][

    Doom Classic for iPhone and iPod Touch is now available on the App Store. This port contains the entirety of Ultimate Doom, along with support for wireless four-player multiplayer.

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    Has anyone else noticed that with Doom Classic the sleep button does not pause the game? The screen goes black but the game remains active and my guy ends up being killed by a monster.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Monfriez said:

    Has anyone else noticed that with Doom Classic the sleep button does not pause the game? The screen goes black but the game remains active and my guy ends up being killed by a monster.


    For me, it remains active for around a second and immediately resumes when it wakes up

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Long, long, long-time lurker finally registering for the opportunity to be the first to comment on how disgustingly horrible the photoshopping is on the Doom Classic site.

    It's insultingly shoddy, especially given that the artist behind the original work died last week.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Capn_Nacho said:

    Long, long, long-time lurker finally registering for the opportunity to be the first to comment on how disgustingly horrible the photoshopping is on the Doom Classic site.

    It's insultingly shoddy, especially given that the artist behind the original work died last week.


    It's not that bad, there are a couple of rough edges to it but the overall idea is pretty cool.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Capn_Nacho said:

    Long, long, long-time lurker finally registering for the opportunity to be the first to comment on how disgustingly horrible the photoshopping is on the Doom Classic site.

    It's insultingly shoddy, especially given that the artist behind the original work died last week.

    Yeah, I particularly like how the demon on the left is grabbing hold of a disembodied hand that just sort of fades to a couple of blobs. "Will this do?"-work of the worst sort.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    I actually don't own anything that starts with "i" so I'll never get this but I'm curious: does it look good? Does it control well?

    Scuba Steve said:

    atrocious photoshopping.


    Bizarre.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    I wish they had brought someone in to design the menu.
    It's just disappointing. From what I've seen in with the Wolfenstein 3D updates the menu design is not going to get any better.

    A lot of people are complaining about the "floating" controls. There is an option to turn that off (Center sticks: OFF), but the poor design make it hard to figure that out.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    I've seem similar "quality" photoshopping in some magazine I got. It's insulting. There's plenty of people out there struggling to get work and then some guy sit there and suck at their job.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    I'm liking it so far, once I found a control scheme that I preferred it took a little while to get used to; from what I've heard its exactly like Wolf3d's control schemes (movable axis points, tilt to strafe) with some added, like ability to tap center to use. No extras like crosshair, looking, etc.

    The graphics and framerate (which is very high, btw ~60) feels like glboom (sorry I can't remember what engine JC specified he was using), and is easy to view on the portable screen.

    I haven't tried the multiplayer yet. Along with the level select screen, if you resume play after beating each level, you can keep the weps until the end of the episode like vanilla. Also for achievements the level selects has icons showing which achieves you have gotten: Highlighted if level beaten, %100 secrets, beaten par time, and/or %100 kills. They are corresponding to each of the 4 difficulties noted by the 4 monster icons, so probably nightmare is not in.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Man you guys weren't kidding about that photoshop. Absolutely terrible. Could Carmack seriously not ask one of the id artists to spend 5 minutes making something better?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Well, at least the arm thing is fixed.

    david_a said:

    Could Carmack seriously not ask one of the id artists to spend 5 minutes making something better?

    maybe he did it himself O.O

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Wow, they updated it. I wonder if the old garbage was just a proof-of-concept that somehow made it onto the real site?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Monfriez said:

    I wish they had brought someone in to design the menu.
    It's just disappointing. From what I've seen in with the Wolfenstein 3D updates the menu design is not going to get any better.


    I found the menus to be just fine from here.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    DuckReconMajor said:
    Actually, I think they've updated again since my last post. It looks pretty good now.

    Yeah, heh, no wonder the thread comments didn't make sense to me.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Dragonsbrethren said:

    Since a few people have it now, how was this issue handled in the end?


    On death, there's a load game option, restart option and an add gear option. Load game is self explanatory, restart restarts the level with the standard pistol + 50 bullets, add gear restarts with a pistol and shotgun with 50 bullets and 20 shells.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Touch pun...

    "I can finally touch imps in funny places and have them react."

    (When convincing a friend to get it)
    "Come on, you know you've always wanted to tap a zombie."

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    DuckReconMajor said:

    Actually, I think they've updated again since my last post. It looks pretty good now.


    Dear lord. I've only seen the updated version. I was reading all the posts starting from the oldest and kept switching back to the site to see what you guys were talking about.

    I was hesitant to post saying "I have no idea what you guys are talking about, the image looks fantastic!" assuming there's something blatantly obvious thats wrong with the picture and everyone is seeing except me.

    Wish I could have seen the old one.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    40oz said:

    Dear lord. I've only seen the updated version. I was reading all the posts starting from the oldest and kept switching back to the site to see what you guys were talking about.

    I was hesitant to post saying "I have no idea what you guys are talking about, the image looks fantastic!" assuming there's something blatantly obvious thats wrong with the picture and everyone is seeing except me.

    Wish I could have seen the old one.

    That's...exactly how I felt.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment

    Hello all,
    I believe this app is well worth the money. The controls take some getting used to, but once your thumbs are up to speed it's death to demons time!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×