Carnevil sent word that the Skulltag homepage has been updated with beta 8.1 of the ZDoom-based multiplayer mod. What's new, you ask?
It's not without its bugs, as Carnevil says: "Try to refrain from using the menus for now for creating/joining multiplayer games. Just use the '-host' and '-connect (ip)' commands at the prompt and you should be fine. Using the menus seems be creating this weird lag problem for now... ugh. It will be fixed."
- Client/server now works. It's certainly not perfect, and I encourage you guys out there to let me know about any problems you have with it.
- d2dm2 is now included in the single player map order
- A new bot and skin have been added
- The default player now has a taunt sound attached
- Fixed problems with Doomcrate's skin
- The grenade bouncing sound now plays