You've been awaiting it for ages, and now it's finally here: beta 8 of Skulltag has been released! That's right, it's a new version of the "CTF on Crack" mod which has become so much more. Since there's so much new stuff I'll just do some hardcore copy/pasting here, so get ready:
A couple important notes:What are you waiting for? Go get it!
So what's new in this version?
- The client/server isn't totally working yet. You can setup a server, and throw some bots in there, but the client end still seems to be pretty borked. I'm very close to fixing that, and will release a small patch upgrade when I do have it fixed. And believe me, I want this done as much as anyone. I want to play some CTF, Domination, etc... dammit :)
- Some of the stuff in there isn't totally done yet, specifically d2dm2 and a couple of the new skins in there.
- Meepy seems to have slipped in there. Um... ignore him :)
- A new level (d2dm2).
- Brand new "Multiplayer" menu for setting up network games, and single player botmatches (skirmishes).
- Three new modes of deathmatch, including survival, scoremode, and instagib.
- Several new skins, including the "Base II" skin, Chubbs's skin, and four monster skins.
- New navigation system for the bots (they now get stuck far less).
- Lots of new chat lines for the bots.
- Bots can now respond to other bots' comments.
- The teamgame mode has been revamped and greatly improved.
- Scoreboard problems have been fixed.
- A new grenade bouncing sound ('bout time, eh?)
- Many, many secret bots.
- Client/server (well, almost).
- Bots now recognize teams (and can play in teamplay and teamgame mode).
- Several new display features (including displaying player names)
- /me support