Can't make it plainer than that. Ol' Carn has released the newest version of Skulltag, version 96b, that's nearly a year in the making. What's new? Try:
- THE BOTS ARE BACK! The bots are once again fully functional, and greatly improved! Enjoy! Smile
- Players can now create their OWN CUSTOM BOTS, with CUSTOMIZEABLE AI! This is due to the fact that all the bots' logic is now scripted! More on this later.
- Bots now work in multiplayer games!
- Added two new deathmatch levels! D2DM4: Conatinment Facility, and D2DM8: Temple of Pain.
- Added a new skulltag level! D2ST3: Ring of Fire.
- Added two new CTF levels! D2CTF7: Den of Sanctity, and D2CTF8: Ghastly Abode.
- D2DM1 and D2DM2 have been completely redetailed! They look fantastic now!
- D2DM3 has been completely redone! It's much better now! Smile
- Reimplemented, and completed revamped the CAMPAIGN system! (The campaign system controls the single player botmatches.) Now, users can create their OWN campaigns, using the CMPGNINF lump! More on this later.
- Added new Last Man Standing, and TEAM LMS mode! This works very similarly to Rocket Arena. Players battle each other until only one man is left standing, and then the match restarts.
- Added Team Instagib mode! It's essentially the teamplay deathmatch mode combined with instagib deathmatch!
- Added Instagib CTF mode! You can now play capture the flag games... instagib style!
- Added a new monster, the Hectebus! This monster is a level two Mancubus. Thanks TheDarkArchon for the sprites, and Espi for the fireballs!
- Added a new monster, the Abaddon! This monster is a level three Cacodemon. Thanks Tormentor666 for the sprites!
- Added a new SIMPLER method of creating CTF maps! Now, all you have to do is place your flags and starts, and you're done! This also creats a compatible CTF standard with other ports, such as ZDaemon. This also works with ONE FLAG CTF!
- Added Legacy style weapon preferences! Players can now set their weapon preferences in the weapon setup menu (accessible through the player setup menu), and change their switch weapon on pickup preference to "Never", "Only for higher ranked weapons", and "Always"!
- Added a graphical server console! It is now far easier for server admins to manage their servers. It's also prettier Smile
- Servers can now ban players! Bans can now be set in the server console, as well as turned on/off with the sv_enforcebans cvar.
It's important to note that Skulltag includes a special version of IDE, dubbed IDESE (IDE Skulltag Edition), and it's the easiest way to get a game going or joining a server. Doom Connector support will be available in about 24 hours, and the main version of IDE will be updated shortly.
UPDATE: In response to tonight's very excellent Friday Night Fragnight, deathz0r has updated DMN with news and screenshots from the event. Check it!