Skulltag 98 3rd Mix+

AlexMax

Skulltag 98c has just been released to the public. Amongst many bugfixes and improvements, new to this version is a working Mac port, making Skulltag the second multiplayer source port to support all three major operating systems. A few other features new to Skulltag are free-floating spectating support on demos, per-playerid ignore and unignore, and a totally revamped D2CTF2. There are lots of goodies for mapmakers as well, such as SERVERSIDEONLY DECORATE support and net traffic analysis commands to help track down bugs that waste network bandwidth. Included with Skulltag is the latest release of Doomseeker, which now supports ZDaemon in addition to Skulltag, Odamex, Vavoom and Chocolate Doom. Said plugins are not a part of Doomseeker distribution included with Skulltag, but can be downloaded as a part of the full release here.

I feel like DoomSeeker is currently the best multi-platform, multi-port launcher. I love it!

Whomever wrote this news item should have clarified this:

I guess you could perhaps argue its the second multiplayer-focused port to do this but its certainly not the second multiplayer-supporting.

Even that is ambiguous. Since Doom Legacy for instance started out as an MP focused port. :p

AlexMax said:

They can also be found (individually or as a complete package) on the Doomseeker downloads page as well now.

Ralphis said:

When it was first released it would download wads and forget where they were, so I went back to IDE. Please tell me it doesn't do this anymore.

DuckReconMajor said:

Sounds like you forgot to go through the Wadseeker configuration. I don't recall any bugs like this before. Not sure if we ever implemented warnings for improper set ups though.

Edit: Oh yeah, the the directory you give to Wadseeker must be on the file paths list or Doomseeker won't locate them.

Hmm... I get this 'lovely' message from the Skulltag forums.

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Stop coming here, fucktwit. You're not welcome.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

I find this quite obnoxious and considering I've never had an account on the Skulltag forums. Presume this is a ban on an IP range, rather than a specific IP. Might it not be wiser to put a nicer ban message if this is the case?

Yes, it's an IP range ban. Would I be correct in assuming you're with Internode?
    If you're registered on the DRD Team or ZDoom forums - fire off a PM to Eruanna, she's the Skulltag hosting admin.

EDIT - Forgot to mention, Eruanna will need to know your current IP address in order to whitelist it.

Yes I'm with Internode and unfortunately they only offer static IP addresses on their business plans, so a whitelisting is only going to work until I reset my router.

Ralphis said:

Does Doomseeker even support ZDaemon? I can't seem to find the plugin/whateveritisineedtoplayit

DuckReconMajor said:

The plugin is on the Doomseeker downloads page.

Suppose we could form a death squad and eliminate the clowns who are causing the IP range bans. <JK>

EarthQuake said:

Seems like they love talking about the latest bans.
    "OMG YES!!! SO-AND-SO WAS PURGGED HE WAS SUCH A FAG LOL."

Public ban info and forums have been removed for some time.

Thomas said:

Hmm... I get this 'lovely' message from the Skulltag forums.

Might it not be wiser to put a nicer ban message if this is the case?

The ban message has been toned down and if you can live without the forums, the rest of the site appears to be navigable - including the all-important download page.

I ended up using a proxy, but all I wanted to do was check the changes in latest version of Skulltag. It does seem quite ridiculous banning users of one of Australia's largest ISPs - Internode must be at least the 3rd of 4th largest ISP in Australia.

I get this :

--------------------------------------------------------------
    You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Dr.Noob - Spamming/Trolling

A ban has been issued on your IP address.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

And on the download page, I get this :

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function renderdownloads() in /home/bcarney/skulltag.com/download/index.php on line 25
    --------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with that?

BlackFish said:

Skulltag.net is being moved to skulltag.com. The moveover is possibly not complete yet.

Well, I hope it's just that, because I'd REALLY like to download the latest version and can't seem to do so through skulltag.com. AND I'd like to have this "permanently banned" thing cleared up.

Vaalwrath said:

I get this :

--------------------------------------------------------------
    You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Dr.Noob - Spamming/Trolling

A ban has been issued on your IP address.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with that?

I'm sorry to hear that you're somehow associated with that particularly unpleasant fellow.

Probably has the misfortune to be in the same dynamic IP address block, just as Thomas and I are with Lizzarroro.

Well, I can at least get to the download page now, though the forum is still rejecting me. Ah, well, at least I got the latest version, so I can't really complain... much... lol :P