The Skulltag homepage has been updated with the release of a single-player beta version of the ZDoom-based deathmatch mod. Here's some info, ripped from the page:
Included in this beta (although it's more of a demotest), are three new built in deathmatch maps (scenario 2), and two extra maps (including stctf.wad), demonstrating ST's ability to be extremely flexible in the area of gameplay.
A couple VERY important notes on this beta:
- Client/server has NOT been implemented yet. That will be sometime this week. I will release a new .exe as soon as that's finished. This demo is single player ONLY.
- Some people have reported the bots crashing games almost right away. We haven't figured out exactly what's casuing it yet (as far as I know, it probably has something to do with hardware or some settings), but it will be fixed shortly. If you're one of those few people, I'm sorry :)
- There are two skin wads in this beta. Place them in your doom2skins directory. They will then automatically be loaded on startup.
- A lot of things haven't quite been finished yet. Basically, if it doesn't look or seem, or just not so good yet... we're working on it :) (that includes the bot AI, too)
- A new beta will follow shortly with client/server support and several bug fixed (hopefully!).
What are you waiting for? Go get it!