Skulltag Has New Coder

insertwackynamehere

Torr Samaho recently became Skulltag's first new programmer since the unfortunate departure of Carnevil, Skulltag's creator and previously single lead coder. From Skulltag's web site:

Everybody give a warm welcome to our first new Skulltag code monkey: Torr Samaho! Torr is currently studying his PHD in mathematics in Germany. Please refrain from harassing the poor guy for bug fixes or new feature requests for quite some time though as he'll definitely need some time to familiarize himself with the source.

The web site also states that other new coders will join the Skulltag project eventually, as well. Skulltag seems to have a future once again.

EDIT : this is not a troll. So, it's against policy to state an opinion that the mod doesn't agree with?

A troll posts something as flame-bait but generally doesn't care either way. I believe what I posted and don't care if anyone responds to it.

Skulltag is boring DM, it's just UT and Q3A thrown into Doom. This news, however, does give me hope that ST will improve, maybe. Hell, perhaps they'll even release portions of the source.

EDIT # 2 : I think I'm gonna get to know this Torr fellow. At least he's cool enough to step in and take charge of a popular project with a dedicated fan-base.

Naked Snake said:Skulltag is boring DM, it's just UT and Q3A thrown into Doom.[/B]

*blinks*

There's no law stating you *must* load up wads that have the new skulltag weapons or extra features. Go play your dwango 5 map01 with classic settings... I guarantee it won't play like UT or Q3A. hehe

Aabra said:

No, but it won't play like Doom, either.

So Skulltag with classic settings and maps doesn't play at all like Doom? Wow, what have I been doing all this time! Thankyou for showing me the light! Please, pass me some of whatever you guys are smoking. It must be good. The plasma bump works, but is not 110% identical to doom2.exe. This unintentional bug by the ID team is the only thing that makes Doom play like Doom.

I guess Zdoom doesn't play like doom either then. LOL

Aabra said:

I guess Zdoom doesn't play like doom either then. LOL

It doesn't. nolol

I guess no amount of facts will ever convince the newschool preachers.

Aabra said:

Didn't you know? There are those for who Doom is only defined by its bugs and glitches... ;)

No, Skulltag doesn't play like the oldschool doom some of us know and love. it plays like Zdoom, which is ok for me. It's not Skulltag's purpose to play like Vanilla Doom. It's aimed at the crowd that liked the newschool features etc. This is obviously not for everyone. Which is not a problem, Odamex is here to fill the gap. There IS SOMETHING for EVERYONE!

Be happy, stop bitching.

Graf Zahl said:

Those aren't bugs, those are features! :-)

Graf Zahl said:

I'm so sorry I want to play Doom and not Quake 4. I'm also so sorry it just kills you that you havent upgraded everyone to GZDoom.

Hobbs said:

then play doom. who the fuck is making anyone play anything? the majority of this thread is a fucking joke. everyone shut up and play what they want to play. oddly enough nobody cares.

insertwackynamehere said:

oddly enough nobody cares.

oh nooo call the police!

btw. chocolate doom + doomwire or dosbox ipxnet + doom

Why is it always the fundamentalist oldschoolers that are constantly bitching about ports that alter too much for their tastes? Can't they just ignore the engines they don't like?

Do you see me dropping into a Chocolate Doom thread saying crap like 'This is worthless because it contains all of Doom's shitty bugs!'?

I guess not. I know that engine is not for me so I keep out of the discussion.

Graf Zahl said:

I guess not. I know that engine is not for me so I keep out of the discussion.

You dropped into an Eternity thread to question someone's reasoning pertaining to a matter that was none of your concern and then bitch about people abusing "Doom's shitty bugs" for their projects, despite the fact that it was a completely moot point, though. Not too far off.

No Graf you just had to make a comment about oldschool doomers in this thread. And cominng from you it should be taken as an insult.

DooMAD said:

He was pointing out why hacks are bad. I agree, I think they can be cool, but regardless of whether it's Doom or some of the old DHTML stuff people used to do before AJAX became popular, its still a hack.

OH NOES I AM TYPING ON TEH INTRAWEBS AND I ACCIDENTALLY STATED A COMPLETELY BENIGN OPINION -- PLEASE NOT 2 FLAMING ME

Got Graf's back this time, at least halfway. I am not going to bother to read the Eternity thread Graf allegedly posted in, because I don't really care. Pots calling kettles black isn't cool, but I doubt it's really as bad as the accusations would indicate. Can't you all just shut the fuck up and get along? I'm not really seeing that much extreme statement of opinion here.

Graf Zahl said:

Just like you don't see me dropping into a ... oh shi