Eight new WADs in our slightly-delayed, weekly presentation of the goodies found on CDROM.COM...
- Taste For Blood by Edward Mullins - A three-level deathmatch WAD for Doom 2. Although these levels are small, which seems to be more or less a positive for most DMers, they look pretty decent, with good map quality. Even some puzzles and tricks here and there. And there's even some decent music replacements to remove some of the tedium of the classic Doom 2 soundtrack. Requires ZDoom.
- Ghostbusters Doom by Thomas Stovicek - Not to be confused with the Doomworld-hosted Ghostbusters Doom 2 Total Conversion, this 6-level Partial Conversion looks quite impressive. Lots of ghosts, ghouls, and neat weapons, as well as a couple of special effects such as exploding walls, and invisible teleporters. There's even some Ghostbusters music installed at no extra charge! The sounds are spooky as well. Overall, very nice! It sets a very distinct mood. ZDoom recommended.
- Tricks & Traps by SDS - Just another single map for Doom 2. The size of the map is quite large, but alas, the level design and detail fall quite short of today's standards. Well, at least there's some Heretic music thrown in there, which suits it a little better.
- Deus Ex Wasabi by Prower - A single map for Doom 2. Very large, open areas, with a lava-based theme, much like Mt. Erebus. Although not too terribly crazy in detail, this level still looks nice. It plays well, although easy even in skill 4. More than enough ammo to go around. Should be entertaining. Requires ZDoom.
- Toon2b by Sparky - Well, this version B updated WAD easily falls into the category of one of the strangest ever. Some cartoony sprites are put into this WAD. As well as a couple of new textures, a bunch of new sounds, a complete music replacement. Oh yes, and 32 levels, albeit the quality of said maps remain a little shabby. Be wary of those sounds, though. They're a little rough around the edges.
- X-mas Deathmatch by Tormentor667 - This is pleasant enough. A deathmatch WAD for Doom 2 with all the warm cozy Christmas cheer. Some new textures, sprites, weapons... Some cheery Christmas music, and all the white fluffy snow you can handle. Get in gear for the Christmas mood, and download this WAD!
- The SpawnSQwad 2000 by Various Authors - A 32-level deathmatch WADpack for Doom 2. Combining deathmatch levels from all sorts of WADs, this megawad turns out to be pretty good. The level design in said levels are mostly good. Perhaps ideal for hosting on a csDoom server. Quite interesting!
- Doom Dorks by Sparky - A partial conversion for Doom 2, with various cartoon characters and sounds inserted. Be warned, though! Some of those sounds are rather unclean.