Five new WADs, in our weekly presentation of the new things found in Newstuff.
- Gloom Keep by De Zeurkous - A single deathmatch map for Doom 2, running on Map13. Very small, with little detail. Some tunnels, some teleporters.. Lots of weapons, although the BFG is available only on skill 3. Overall, nothing too special. However, there is a new titlepic, and the ZIP is only 33 kilobytes!
- MindPhuk - This is an interesting deathmatch level for Doom 2. A pretty good titlepic, a decent music replacement. Level design isn't all that great, but there are quite a few new textures scattered around the level. Very interesting, thought-provoking textures. Not the best for playability, but still interesting!
- StepsV2 by Harry Planet - An interesting single-player map for Doom 2. A few new sounds, a decent music replacement. And a whole bunch of shotgun guys! A lift moves slowly up and down the level, gaining you access to many different tunnels and entryways. There isn't much detail, but still a bit interesting. Not for the impatient.
- FrenzyDM by Qingshuo Wang - If you're looking for a very pretty, but large level for your deathmatch adventures, this is the one! The author also known as piXel reX, has released this fine, fine deathmatch level. It uses all sorts of pretty textures, and is very well done. Again, it's very large, but mostly one open area. Kind of like a giant amusement park! To play this level, you'll need to download Gothic Textures. Enhanced DOOM port recommended.
- Bitebwad by Andy Leaver - A simple WAD for Ultimate DOOM, with three small levels; argubly done original DOOM-style. Three rather small levels, with nothing too fancy. Your typical small monsters, with the odd small-to-midsize monster thrown in. Even if it is plain DOOM, it might be worth the quick download, just for the experience.