Seven more WADs for you to lose sleep over in this weekly wrapup of Newstuff.
- QuakeDoom by Chris Pisarczyk - No, it\'s not QDoom. This Doom/Doom 2 partial conversion replaces most of the monster, weapon, and item sprites in the game. Besides the obvious sound replacements, there are bunch of new music tracks. There are no new levels, but this WAD should work well with whichever other WAD you would wish to use.
- Naberus by David Cummings - Nothing seems to work for atmosphere better than a little fog. This single map for Doom 2 shows off a few special effects. The level design is okay, although ammo does tend to run a little short, which can often be an exciting plus. Requires EDGE.
- Classics: Hotel by George Fiffy - A hotel-themed level for Ultimate DOOM played on E2M1. The textures are a little redundant, and the level design is a little less than detailed. The ammo supply is plentiful, and there\'s a whole lot of monsters squeezed into a fairly small-sized map. Nothing very exciting.
- Terror Wing by Brad Spencer - This Doom 2 deathmatch level depicts a rotating base out in space. There is a birthday Easter egg hidden in this WAD, supposedly dedicated to someone named Alex. Even if you\'re not into strangers\' birthdays, this should be a pretty good deathmatch. Requires ZDoom.
- Operation Destruction by Rick Clark - A rather small level. A few new textures. It starts out looking like a typical rooms/hallways level, but soon things become different. Areas open up to some impressive rooms over rooms. Some knee-high water, and some snazzy-looking teleporters. Still, the level is rather small. Requires EDGE.
- Wad04 by Robert Dudley - A single map for Doom 2. No new thrills such as textures or music. The gameplay is pretty good. Not redundant at all. Monster/ammunition balance is good. You may find dodging the enemies\' fire challenging, since most of the level is rather cramped.
- Package Distribution Network by De Zeurkous - An extremely small level for Doom 2. Ten very small rooms. A few monsters, some ammo, some switches, and an exit. That\'s pretty much it.
- betrcolr.zip, corridr2.zip, dhouse.zip, encount.zip, indigo.zip, noreturn.zip, and pressure.zip... All = BAD.