A new official version of ZDoom is available, 2.4.1. As typical, this is mirrored by a new version of GZDoom, 1.4.2. I said it was mirrored!
Not many fancy features this time, these are mostly bug fix releases.
- Floor waggle effects are smoother now
- Sliders in the menus work correctly now
- Negative numbers in the alternate HUD have their minus sign at the right place now
- Menu option scales better in widescreen resolution
- Player setup menu looks better in non-Doom games
- Moving cameras work correctly again
- Polyobjects glitch a bit less now
- The internal nodebuilders works correctly now with certain troublesome maps
- Strife conversations fixed and improved
- Many nitpicky fixes in Strife (switch sounds, messages, etc.)
- Action Doom 2 and Harmony can now use idclev, and they have their Autoload section in the .ini
- MAPINFO "ResetInventory" keyword now works as expected
- If you experience input problems when using ZDoom through something such as Wine, set the norawinput console variable to "true".
- GZDoom fix: sprites are no longer oddly stretched or squashed on graphic chipsets that do not support non-power-of-two textures.
New features do include these two things:
- When saving, if you use a game controller rather than the keyboard, an input grid now appears and lets you enter a name and actually save. The input grid remains off if no controller is plugged, or if it isn't used when saving the game.
- A new control lump type has been added. GAMEINFO is extremely simple to use.