Single Status Update
Normally I don't post personal stuff here, because shit, I'm sure you all have the same day-to-day BS going on that I do. Yesterday, however, seemed to be cursed for me and anyone I've been talking to for more than a year. Here's the rundown:
1) Woke up with a slight hangover to here the news that we apparently owe the landlord $400. Except instead of we, it turns into I owe the landlord that amount. Why? Well, that's the fun part. Apparently I was a day late on my January payment (which I was not informed of until that morning), and as such, they placed a $25 fee on our balance. Here's the kicker, though: for each day i didn't pay this fee, they charged me $3. So this fucking $25 charge ballooned into this bullshit.
2) As a result, I'm probably going to have sell me guitar and amp. Now, I haven't played the thing in a couple of years, and am admittedly not very talented, but it's something I enjoyed and was hoping to get back to in the long run. So that sucks.
3) My parents, who were going to send me $200 in support, realized that they didn't file the proper paperwork on time (my dad is a truckdriver, my mom rides with him), so they aren't getting any money for another week. So they're at risk of running out of money as well.
4) Later that day, my sister fell and dislocated 2 fingers. Now, that sucks, sure, but easy fix? Nope. First there's the $100 charge that her boyfriend didn't pay for whatever fucking reason, so there goes more of my parent's money. Now, on top of that, it turns out she's going to have to get fucking surgery, adding to the obnoxious BS that's already occurred.
5) My sister's roommate's cat died, and then at 7 o'clock, another cat was found under their house with a huge gash in its side. They take it to the vet, and it has to be put down as well.
6) My roommate blew a tire. Then her spare also flattened while she was driving and she ran off the road. The car took a little bit of damage, but nothing serious. Of course, all of this happened the day after she decided to sell her car because she needed the money to move to Washington DC.
7) My best friend and his girlfriend broke up. This one's a bit more comical and really predictable as they've broken up 3 or 4 times over the past 3 years. Still, I had to listen to him bitch over the phone for about an hour. That wasn't fun.
Lastly: I received payment from work, but I was short-changed 13 hours, which is $130 that I really really really need. Apparently they split the pay period on sunday, which just makes me want to bash my head into the wall.
tl;dr - May 27th? Yeah, fuck that day. I don't think it can get any worse than that. I just needed to vent somewhere.
- Show previous comments 15 more
Depending on location and income, living on your own is an option. When I lived in a small town, I rented a 2 bedroom unit from my mother for $100 a week. It was 1500m from my work and obviously cheap as. Now I live in the city, the same sort of place is $450 a week if not more. I still could afford that, I just choose not to.