Single Status Update
Ale and Ginger Chicken. Super simple, super old, but super tasty.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 12oz ale (I use Alaskan Amber)
- 1/2 rounded tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 10-20 threads saffron, OR 1/2 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp butter
- Corn starch, for thickening
- Heat up a pressure cooker without the lid. Add butter. Once melted, add the chicken and sear on all sides.
- Add everything else, mix well.
- Cover pressure cooker and cook for 30 minutes.
- Realize 10 minutes in you forgot the saffron. Uncover, add, then restart the pressure cooker.
- Use corn starch mixed with a bit of water to thicken
- Serve with rice.
- Show previous comments 1 more
Actually, after making this quite a few times, I think I'm going to adjust my recipe and put in double the pepper and salt. Otherwise it came out good as always.
Came to Doomworld for the Doom content; stayed for the culinary recipes.