Single Status Update
Ugh, I hate the final push to get a Doom WAD done. SoTNR's is like 85-90% done as of tonight, meaning that once I finalize the tweaks in the maps (plus the boss map still needs some more geometry), all that's left is to pick up the stuff I've either put off, or couldn't do until now. This means:
- Finishing the between-level story text
- Minor mixing/mastering tweaks in the music
- Creation of some missing brightmaps
- Text file writing
- Playtesting until my eyes bleed and my fingers have blisters on them
- PK3 optimization
- Making sure small things are consistent between levels/scripts (e.g., using the same font color for HUD messages)
- Any last-minute fixes
This really is my least favorite part of Doom mapping since tying up all these loose ends gets to be tedious and stressful. But it also means it's almost finished, which will be very comforting. So... maybe about a month left?
Anyway, new screenshots of a room I did tonight. I think you can tell I've played a lot of Quake recently:
A closer shot of the door:
- Show previous comments 6 more
I'd notice. I notice a lot of imperfections when I want to.
When I don't want to, I still notice a lot of imperfections.