Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TheNerdTurtle2

Members
  • Content count

    523
  • Joined

  • Last visited

4 Followers

About TheNerdTurtle2

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

1752 profile views
  1. TheNerdTurtle2

    Item Spawning Scripting Help

    @Kan3 Thank you so much! I was so very confused. I used to write decorate all the time when I was 14 years old but I haven't touched it in the better part of a decade. The 39% chance of success was an intentional part of my code, but even then the items were never spawning. I did a quick search for NoDelay on the wiki and found nothing. So I have no idea how it even works, could I achieve the same results by putting a TNT1 A 1 line right before the line that does the jump? And also thank you for your note at the end, I'm sure that deleting the actor helps clean the code up a lot. THANK YOU!
  2. TheNerdTurtle2

    Item Spawning Scripting Help

    I wrote the following DECORATE file and placed a bunch of the item on my map. It spawns nothing. Hmmmm actor WeakPowerUp 6667 { Radius 20 States { Spawn: TNT1 A 1 A_Jump(100, "Success") //256 = 100% Goto Death Success: TNT1 A 1 A_Jump(128, "HealthBonusSP", "ClipSP") TNT1 A 1 A_Jump(154, "ShellSP", "ArmorBonusSP", "StimPackSP") TNT1 A 1 A_Jump(256, "CellSP", "RocketAmmoSP", "MedikitSP") Goto Death HealthBonusSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("HealthBonus") Goto Death ClipSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("Clip") Goto Death ShellSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("Shell") Goto Death ArmorBonusSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("ArmorBonus") Goto Death StimPackSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("Stimpack") Goto Death CellSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("Cell") Goto Death RocketAmmoSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("RocketAmmo") Goto Death MedikitSP: TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItem("Medikit") Goto Death Death: TNT1 A -1 Stop } }
  3. TheNerdTurtle2

    Item Spawning Scripting Help

    Hmmm.. I will look into that when I get home. I am pretty unfamiliar with jump states so it might take some trial and error
  4. TheNerdTurtle2

    Item Spawning Scripting Help

    Hi all! It's been awhile since I've been on here but I've been working on a Doom mod and what I'm trying to do seems so simple, yet I cannot figure out how to accomplish it. My end goal is a little complicated so I'm going to dumb down my question and figure it out from there. I want to create a semirandom item spawning system. Basically let's say I created an actor in decorate called "WeakPowerupSpawner" and it's only goal is that upon loading the map it has a 50% chance to spawn green armor, 25% chance to spawn a Medkit and a 25% chance to spawn Blue armor. I know how to achieve this effect using map spots, however I also want to create a "StrongPowerupSpawner" and I feel that map editing would be much easier if I could use separate actors instead of giving identical map spots different tags. Is this possible and if so could you please help me? THANKS! Ask away if I'm not clear enough
  5. TheNerdTurtle2

    Doom Streams

    Hey thanks for playing! I'm glad that you enjoyed it a little more than the first time, I knew you'd get the map after seeing some of the bullshit. I like the feeling of running around low on health and ammo, so that's way the supplies are low and secrets help a ton. It did suck that you didn't save rockets for the imp and archville ambush, maybe I'll stick some rockets in the secret staircase :)
  6. TheNerdTurtle2

    Abhor.wad New Intense Map

    Hey thanks for playing! The point of the map is to be a challenge. There is ammo starvation and minimal health pickups to make every move you make more deliberate. Did you try HMP? I designed UV to be tough as nails but HMP should be a more fair fight. And on Easy the sniping archville isn't even there.
  7. TheNerdTurtle2

    Abhor.wad New Intense Map

    I'm just bumping this thread because I didn't get any feedback/ criticism yet. I'm making decent progress on my megawad and just want to see what people think of my mapping style.
  8. TheNerdTurtle2

    Abhor.wad New Intense Map

    Hi All! It's been a long time since I've posted a map. Recently I started working on a new Megawad (as if that's ever worked out for me) and this is one of the maps I've completed so far. The map is called Abhor and as of now it's going to take the MAP29 slot. Anyway, it's Boom Compatible and I have tested it in PrBoom+ almost exclusively. The idea for my megawad is to create maps that have that 90's feel. Slightly abstract, but not ugly. My main inspirations are Doom's E4, Plutonia, Scythe, etc.. That brings us to this map. Abhor is dark and cramped in the beginning, and it's meant to test your patience a little bit. I built the map to test my skills as an average Doomer but if it's kicking your ass on UV try HMP. Also I love feedback and demos :) Screenies: Title : Abhor (v1.0) Filename : Abhorv1 Release date : 4/25/2022 Author : TheNerdTurtle2 New levels : 1 Sounds : No Music : Yes Graphics : Yes Dehacked/BEX Patch : No Demos : No Other : No Other files required : None * Play Information * Game : Doom 2 Map # : MAP01 Single Player : Designed for Cooperative 2-4 Player : No Deathmatch 2-4 Player : No Other game styles : None Difficulty Settings : Yes Download: AbhorV1.zip
  9. TheNerdTurtle2

    what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

    I've been working on a 90's style megawad recently. Inspired mostly by Doom's E4, Plutonia, and Scythe. Here is a map I've been tweaking, it's called Abhor.
  10. I love the feedback! Thanks a lot, it was an hour and I didn't bother balancing after that, I stated it was harder than intended on UV in a previous post. RedBoule actually tackled my map first and he had no problem with the difficulty (I personally agree with you that it's hard). However, I will say that the opening is not RNG I have never died to the shotgunners, you just have to be quick :) thanks again!
  11. Here is my demo whatdemoUV.zip Cute map, I liked the intensity at the beginning, but damn those high up chaingunners are annoying without freelook.
  12. I tested in PrBoom and it works perfectly fine... maybe I attached a version before I saved? I literally just tested this one, so anyone that wants to play my map download this: TheReactor.zip
  13. Dude you nailed that demo. Super cool watching you tackle the level, you made it look easy!
  14. @RedBoule I'll take a look when I get home from work. I thought I tested in PrBoom, hmmmm
  15. UGH! Water Blitz kicked my ass, a little more open than I would have preferred. I recorded a UV demo where I gave in after a few tries Water Blitz Demo.zip I will go back and beat it on HMP! EDIT: Here is my HMP demo, I beat it. But I gotta say I think this level is too hard, even on HMP. The rules for this says to make it beatable for an average doom player. It looks pretty though :) Water Blitz Demo 2.zip
×