Single Status Update
okay, here's what i got. i wanted to make reload and zoom sprites but attempting to make the muzzle flash (and lighting) better has taken most of that time.
the top one is my first attempt, but i noticed the gun was not lighting proper, and the effect felt weak. so i re did it (the bottom one) using new layers of transparency, overlay, and burn to really emphasize the power of the gun. i think it worked well! as always feedback is welcome.
And the best part is that Aseprite allows me to create entire sprite sheets out of the frames!
i don't remember who it was that recommended it but i cant thank you enough. The animation, the grid, all of it is saving me SOOO much time! doing something as simple as this used to take me days.