Single Status Update
It started out as a quest to make a CD with old love songs spanning all genres, but when I stopped hanging out with that chick (she wasn't interested. I don't blame her) it turned into a project to make a CD with the best classic alternative rock from the nineteen-eighties.
Now, it's a two volume collection of the best classic rock from the eighties and earlier. I'm also in the process of making a volume three. Remembering how the first CD became a struggle of "How am I going to fit all these on one disc?" spawned the second volume, it's safe to assume there will be a volume four.
Anyway, I've listed the track order below. I'd kind of like some feedback and suggestions on the track listing (what's good and/or bad in your opinion, what you'd reccomend, et cetera), and I figure this would be a good way to start a discussion about music. It's also why it's in blogs.
Classic Alternative Rock Volume 1
01. The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
02. Tears For Fears - Shout
03. Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
04. Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
05. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
06. Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
07. Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright
08. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
09. R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It
10. The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
11. Gary Numan - The Machman
12. New Order - Confusion
13. The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
14. Oingo Boingo - Weird Science
15. Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
16. Billy Idol - White Wedding (Part 1)
17. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Classic Alternative Rock Volume 2
01. David Bowie - Blue Jean
02. The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun
03. Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now
04. Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
05. Echo And The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
06. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
07. The Church - Under The Milky Way
08. Gary Numan - Cars
09. Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me (Live)
10. The Beatles - Helter Skelter
11. Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself
12. New Order - Subculture
13. David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
14. After The Fire - Der Kommissar
15. The Clash - Rock The Casbah
16. Animotion - Obsession
17. The Human League - Don't You Want Me
18. Genesis - I Can't Dance
19. Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
These are the song that are *******ely on Volume three:
Yazoo - Situation
The B-52's - Rock Lobster
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
The B-52's - Love Shack
A-ha - Take On Me
The Cars - Moving In Stereo*
Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
*Thanks to Bucket for helping me remember this song.
What do you think? What would you do differently? What would you reccomend?
Edit: The word *******e is edited now like **? I must've missed something somewhere.
- Show previous comments 16 more
Throughout all this, I'm surprised nobody, including myself, has mentioned Iggy Pop. TV Eye or I Want To Be Your Dog comes to mind.
Also, I thought about the fact that most of these songs are singles, and remembered why I was doing that. The crew I run with listens to rap most of (if not all) the time, and I frankly am sick of going to parties where the only music playing is rap. Behold, a CD that everyone can agree on, because despite being rap junkies they have pretty diverse tastes and most of them have wanted copies of these CDs.