Status Updates posted by elderdragonbrasil
New episode of Speed Mapping! :D
New episode in english for TNT Revilution!
@GarrettChan I make this episode before your tip about the FX Sound.
New episode of speedmapping! The episodes of this serie is in portuguese-BR, but if you just want to download the WAD, the link is here:
Finally! Episode 2 of the playthrough of TNT: Revilution on air!
New episode of Speed Mapping in the Elder Dragon Channel!
The link to download the 4 maps of the series is here:
New playthrough in my channel, and for the first time, in english!
- Show previous comments 1 more
I know, I know, but I think I was confused there, lol... It is really painful to do a video using another language than my natural one. But, I have thank you a lot for the feedback! :D
I was joking, so don't take that seriously. Forgot to say, probably you need to lower the music volume a little bit. It's a little bit too loud in my opinion.
Shit! I've done the second video without knowing that. The third episode I will lower the music. No problem, I really liked your feedback. I need to improve a lot in this english playthrough, so any help will worth a lot!
After the good reception of the ver 0.1, I have compilated all the critics to make the changes on the maps. Map Number 01, the most vanilla one, is suffering the most number of changes. In this video, I show a slow UV/Max run, to point out some of that changes. The number of monsters decreases from 223 to 174.
The actual map for version 0.2 is already different from the version of the video, but that final statement I'll give only when the new version of the beta came out. :)
Hi, Suiteppe, I've finished to watch your Twitch session of my betatesting wad. I'll try to answer some of the questions about my err... mission, lol
1) Yes, it is my first wad
2) About monster placement: First map, I worked to have only 4 monsters - Demons, Imps, Sargeants and Former Zombie, than, on Map 2, I placed Specters, HK and Chaingunners, than each map I place more and more different monsters
3) Secrets: You miss many of then, actually I like that to happen. I think secrets have to difficult, lol
4) Improvements; Many things you and people said on the chat I am changing in the maps right now. Thanks, for the appointments. Already change an encounter. The "between" challenges I didn't undestand yet what I can do to change, but I'll check it later. I've change a transition of textures on level 1, an encounter on level 2.
5) Level 4 is not complete and it is a tribute to Hell Ground. And Level 4 has to be weird.
6) Yes, my maps are huge, and many of them will be bigger. I'm not a fan of slaughter maps, but I love huge levels.
7) Map 1 is extreme simple and vanilla, full of mistakes; Map 2 is less vanilla. The cave part has custom texture (again, hell ground); Map 3 has more custom things; Map 4 is a temple of Madness - at the end of the Map 3, you'll see a big building, so that is the transition. Map 4 will have 12 main rooms (each one with a roman number).
8) About doing a Megawad: I'll continue to do it, but after finishing the first 5 levels, people test more, I'll do a release of that 5 maps.
9) I suggest to use GZDoom to play my maps, because of the lightning effects, textures, etc. I am working in ZDoom (Doom in Hexen).
10) About my goal in design this wad. I first want to balance and test all the levels with the community, and only after that, I'll change the songs, the menu, etc. I've only changed the song from the 4th level, because, the original one is completly annoying and different from the theme I am putting on that level.
Thanks for the support!
Luiz David Facchetti
Working hard for a MegaWad :D
- Show previous comments 2 more
Dropbox ou google drive, that's what everyone uses.
E bem de boas, não começa com megawad. Faz pelo menos um wad de 5 mapas pro povo testar e te criticar. Também ajuda pra ver se não vai perder o gás no meio, algo infelizmente bem comum...
Disponibilizei o arquivo aqui: