As the title says I wanna talk about Doom 2. No i'm not talking about a NEW doom 2, which i'm hoping Bethesda is gonna announce TOMORROW! (HYPE!?!) I'm talking about the original Doom 2. For some reason I never took the time to actually play through the full game and beat it, until now. I just wanted to do a quick review of the game and talk about a few problems I had and I wanna see if anyone else had a few of the other same problems. The game was a solid 8/10 BUT:
1.The levels could be cryptic at times, and sometimes it felt like there was way to much backtracking. (This is one reason I HATE the metroid series.)
2. The levels where to big. I mean come on, downtown was WAY to open and WAY to big, it took me forever to figure out where to go and like my first complaint, I just felt lost.
3. Enemy "traps", oh look a health pack, boom the wall opens up and theres like 20 imps. Okay fine that's fine everynow and then but it seems like every switch you hit, every health pack you pick up, or every corner you turn has one. It just started to getting annoying at times.
4. Monster spam. Like my 3rd complaint says, 20 imps!? Damn. I know the "super shotgun" can take care of most of them FAST but I mean come on. There where times where it felt like I was playing a game of dogeball trying to avoid all of the fireballs thrown at me. That was fun for awhile, but it got old fast.
5. Barons of hell. Remember beating episod 1 in Doom? The final level had those 2 barons of hell that kicked your ass no matter what you did, yeah that was great. But doom 2 comes along and just throws barons of hell around EVERYWHERE.
6. Some of the levels felt like really shitty wads. I mean come on. Rooms covered with the same decorations, arrows telling you where to go (even though it's obvious) and so on.
Those are 6 of the major complaints I had. Besides that the game was great, I loved it! Killing hordes of enemies was fun and it did add more of a challenge. This is a thread though so I wanna know if you guys agree with me or not. Also anyone else hyped for a POSSIBLE doom 2 (2?) Go back and play Doom 2 and keep these things in mind, you might understand where i'm coming from a bit more!