Hello, for me Brutal Doom 64 was awesome, but saddly after finishing the main game there was not much else to do. Playing the maps made for regular doom with brutal doom 64 assets was not much of an option since you'll be missing the new stuff like the nightmare imps, and it would be replaying the same doom maps after all. That is until I found the awesome addon for Oblige, called Obaddon, which makes Oblige generate levels with so much quality and customization, that I figured this would be the perfect way to finally play "new" maps/megawads for brutal doom 64.
So I made this mutator for brutal doom 64, and and addon for oblige/obaddon to be able to generate maps with the new brutal doom 64 monsters and some more. I'm sharing it in case somebody finds it useful. My brutal doom 64 Mutator Features:
- Adds the new monsters from Project Nightmare (Nightmare Cacodemons, Nightmare Spectres, The Annihilator, all credits to Project Nightmare).
- Adds the new Outcast monsters plus some more (Nightcrawler, Acid Demon, Stalker, Nightmare Elemental, SMG Guy, all credits to the Doom 64 Absolution MP project by SFJake, I just gave them the brutal treatment and fancy effects, oh and the smg guy is my adaptation from the pulse rifle guy from the same project).
- Adds a new custom monster: BruiserN64 from SunMadcat (I just gave it the brutal doom 64 treatment and fancy effects).
- Adds Doom 64 textures, all thanks to the Super Doom 64 mod (from StrikerMan780 who did all the code for texture replacing in his mod).
- Adds "Reload" to the weapons in classical mode (not really like the tactical mode, more like the regular brutal doom, my own implementation).
My mutator is standalone, so you don't need brutal doom 64 files since they are all included.
mutator link: https://sharemods.com/7jzjv19wit9g/bd64gamev2_ObAddon.pk3.html My Oblige addon (you need this file for the new monsters to appear on the maps - you must enable the addon in oblige and also check the "BD64_2" tab):
- All these monsters can appear on the maps: Zombiemarine, NightmareImp, NightmareCacodemon, NightmareSpectre, Annihilator, Motherdemon, Nightcrawler, AcidDemon, Stalker, NightmareElemental, SMGGuy, Bruiser.
oblige addon link: https://sharemods.com/l6cwdkguf3gi/ObAddon_BD64v2.pk3.html
My advice when playing some brutal doom 64 with oblige is to use the Dark ambient music pack (https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/alternate-dark-ambient-music-pack), to really set the doom 64 mood.
Note: if you don't know what Oblige or Obaddon is, follow this link: https://github.com/caligari87/ObAddon (if you don't want to invest too much time figuring out the Obbadon options, this is my config file: https://sharemods.com/dup1xa0v1ktk/CONFIG.txt.html)
As an example to jump right into the action, here is a 4 level wad generated from oblige with obaddon and my addon:
To play you only need my brutal doom 64 mutator and this wad for the levels.
Updated mutator link with some updates, and as a bonus, here's another 4 level wad generated: