Single Status Update
After playing my same peice of crap geetar for 3 years now, I finally put a down payment on a new guitar. About a week ago, my roommates and I were browsing a pawn shop, doing things like buying Glocks and Trumpets, when I saw a pretty Jackson Randy Rhoads V on the wall. However, the $600 price tag made the $239 white Flying V sitting next to it a whole lot prettier.
I took it down, plugged it in, and was greeted with a tone that a generic guitar found in a pawn shop does not deserve. I played a few metallica songs while the guy behind the counter told me how much they sucked at a show in Cincinatti this year, played some random Ozzy riffs (which no one recognized), and played a few doom-ey riffs (d_shawn, and e1m1, which was recognized by another guy browsing stuff \m/), and fell in love.
I took it back to the counter, sad and broke. 3 days passed, I got paid, and the guitar was still hanging in the shop when I went back yesterday. I took it down, played 'Sad But True', and asked if I could put a down payment on it. The guy behind the counter took $39 off of the asking price of the guitar, giving me an even $200 to pay, before tax. I gave hime $30 for a down payment, leaving me about $200 to pay, including tax.
If I didn't have to lend some dough to my roommates to help cover bills, I'd be in the garage right now with the guitar until my fingers bled :) Ah well. When they pay me back, I get my guitar :D
- Show previous comments 2 more
I assume you started on an acoustic? No offense, but if you start out playing an electric guitar, that's all you'll ever be able to play. I never got what was so cool about flying V design, by the way. I've always been about plain black or sunburst. ~$200, though, is pretty good. My Ovation acou/elec set me back over $400, even after trading my crappy generic guitar. Fortunately, I got a payment plan on Guitar Center's credit card, so I don't have to make payments until... OH CRAP!!!
1) I started on an electric, but I play an acoustic all the time! Actually, I've got my roommate's red acoustic (a 'SoundPort') sitting in the corner of my room right now... I've been practicing a few songs on it since we moved all the 'lectric stuff out to the garage.
2) Although it was the sound of the guitar more than anything that made me want to buy it, twas probably Kirk Hammett that made me like the body design :P
3) My old neighbor used to have a similar, if not exact, Ovation acoustic guitar. The only difference I can spot is that his was blue instead of red. Brand new, he only paid $220 for it!
Fredrik: I love Explorers... dunno why.
- Show next comments 3 more