Single Status Update
If I ruled the world, things would be fun and um...good.
1) Launch all nuclear waste into space. Hey, we don't need it!
2) Dismantle all nuclear weapons. They're too dangerous, IMO.
3) Since it'd be all one giant country, there would be no "my land, not yours!" disputes between countries.
4) Religious tolerance would be law.
5) TV and radio would be uncensored
6) Fuck allt that no cruel and unusual punishment shit. If you're found to be guilty of say...rape, you get fucking mauled to death by bears or some shit.
7) Tons of cash would be pumped into medical research
8) I would have the best stuff :-P
9) No more purchasing oil shit, oil would be shared globally
10) METRIC SYSTEM WORLDWIDE!!!!!!11 (I'd have to learn it though :-P)
11) I'd found a unified church that would be used for worship by all religions.
12) I'd protect all religious and historical land-marks.
13) I'd do my best to at least save some of the environment
14) Tons of cash would be devoted to helping starving areas
15) I'd try to make an assload of bridges that spanned across oceans (heh :-P)
16) I'd force Microsoft to release a Linux distro lOllOLololOL
17) Same sex marriages would be legal
18) Abortions would be legal
19) Gun ownership would be legal, but under strict control laws.
20) Persons of the same sex would be allowed to adopt children.
21) Weed would be legal, but you'd have to be 18 to buy it
22) Legal drinking age would be 18
23) Prostitution would be legal, but regulated
24) A "final days" prison for people serving life sentences. When they reach a certain age, they'd go to this new prison, which would still be max security, but much more "luxiorious" and able to handle old people
25) I'd toughen up on sex crimes and make the punishments worse!
26) Universal currency
27) Foreign languages would be taught early, like the 2nd year of a child's schooling.
What would YOU change if you ruled the freakin' world?
- Show previous comments 39 more
My views on Ct_red_pants' list:
1. No. I do not back government-ownership of businesses such as backs, and phone services, though there should be laws in place to enforce proper practice.
4. No weapons.
5. No. Pointless, waste of time.
6. No. I don't see any real benefit.
7. I don't like any such weapons - nuclear/emp.
10. No. There is no such thing as an 'unbiased' govenment funded service.
Hmm, maybe instead of "government funded TV" I should have said "taxpayer funded TV" the Idea is that you have one station that isn't in the pocket of any corporations or able to be censored by the powers that be. It would sit separate from the government. Yes, it's imposable for it to be completely unbiased But it’s wouldn’t be as liable to sensationalism as commercial station are...