Single Status Update
I've been working on a soundfont for oh, about 6 years now, and it's really starting to emerge as kickapps. I've completely stripped it down, editing, trimming, relooping and resampling every single sample, and have been playtesting it to death. Anything unacceptable is fixed; that includes clicking loops, unbalanced reverb/chorus settings, unbalanced volume, out-of-tune samples, poor frequency balance, slow attacks, and space-inefficient samples. I have 80% of the most common instruments finished (including all percussion kits) and project the final size to be 48mb. It's truly remarkable. I must be insane for having spent this thousands of hours on it. Maybe I'll post some audio files sometime.
Today was Friday the 13th, and it resulted in my forehead enthusiastically meeting the corner of a car door. Long story short, I got a free patch-up and free tetanus shot. If I'm dead tomorrow, that's because I didn't give my family the instruction sheet saying I should be fully aroused and awake every 2 hours, day and night. Screw that, I'd rather die.
I'm also working on a complex relational database for a stats-guessing sports-related funsite that I plan to launch in March. I'll be using a combination of PHP and PostgreSQL, and will use stored procedures extensively. I hope to make it as addictive as possible.