Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CX1

Members
  • Content count

    19
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by CX1


  1. I am not sure if I should post here or on Editing forum, since it is only slighty connected with DoomBuilder (but it is).

    Anyway:
    DoomBuilder allows importing external texture wads. But I also made my own texture in the wad I am editing. That caused quite a mess among patches used for building the textures - they are assigned incorrectly.
    I didn't use any name twice. I didn't even create new patch - just used existing ones to create new texture. So what may be a reason for that problem?


  2. My videocard is not overclocked, and I have no problems whatsoever with other programs heavily using video graphics card (ie. Unreals, Q4)
    As I said, my DirectX and video drivers are up-to-date.

    Anyway, thank you CodeImp, that you looked carefully to the problem. If nothing can be done - let it be like it is. The editor is still great.

    btw. I observed that when you copy a Thing, it's attributes (i.e. Thing Tag) are not copied. Is it intentional?


  3. I have DirectX 9.0c, and updated my video card driver (GeForce FX 5200, driver version 8.4.2.1, dated 2006-03-09) and it isn't any better :(
    Tried different nodebuilders provided with DoomBuilder (zdbsp, ZenNode, bsp-w32). Some of the cracks were corrected, but not all. I even applied slow, (and thus more accurate I think) method of building. But strange artefacts are still present...

    I just wonder why those problems are not present in the game itself. After all, they are processing the same data, aren't they?


  4. Tried the new 1.68 beta version (build 383), and it seems that DoomBuilder still have problems when drawing tiny sectors in 3D. It seems it is mixing walls, or something, creating strange artefacts.
    You can just ignore them, but if you want the project to be clean, it would be better if the artefacts were rare.

    Here is a sample problem:
    3D view: http://www.ii.uj.edu.pl/~danilews/artefact-1.jpg (there should be no black stripe going accros the screen)
    2D view: http://www.ii.uj.edu.pl/~danilews/artefactmap.jpg (The arrow shows from where, approximately, the previous screen was taken)
    Example WAD (map MAP01): http://www.ii.uj.edu.pl/~danilews/artefact.wad (to check there is no error in map construction)

    Not big deal, but sometimes, it may sum to something ocward (taken from the map I am currently working on): http://www.ii.uj.edu.pl/~danilews/artefact-final.jpg


  5. I was using XWE to add MAPINFO into my wad. Because I added the new entry not as last but somewhere in the middle of file, it really cofused Doombuilder.
    Map, which was called MAP01 was now named MAPINFO. And after saving, XWE read some rubbish, simmilar to yours...


  6. The default nodebuilder caused the Doom Builder to crash and it wasted my wad I was working on for past few days.
    Fortunately, there were some backups automaticly created by Doom Builder. I was angry for those extra files showing up all the time, but now they are a miracle!
    Thank you for implementing those auto-backups!


  7. If your sectors aren't squarish, and you put vertices somewhere in the middle of a linedef, you may not hit the line. As a result the system might not split the linedef, but put another line next to existing one, sometimes causing a tiny overlap.
    If that's the case, I would suggest inserting vertices first, in Vertex Mode, to make sure, the lines are splitted correctly.

×