Single Status Update
Posting from London
- Show previous comments 10 more
I was waiting to see if 40oz wanted to be the one, since it's his Euro Trip, but since you demanded - here you go! :p
lol ughhh we should have taken a picture at the pub, we nearly look photoshopped together!
seriously though, Julie and I had an awesome time last night. It was really cool of you to take the train into London just to see us, and it really helped us feel welcome here.
As a stubborn American I feel almost compelled to comment on how backwards everything is here, but a lot of it makes sense:
1. Kilometers are better than miles. When people say planets are blah blah light years away from each other, nobody really knows how fucking far that is. Likewise eyeing out a mile isn't very easy unless you drive a lot. Most short distances are measured in fractions of miles which just makes things more complicated. Kilometers just make sense.
2. Driving on the left side of the road probably makes parallel parking much easier.
3. Chips actually look like chips of a potato (like wood chips) I dont even know what "french fries" really means.
4. I dont know if all places are like this, but our flat has two separate rooms for the toilet and the bath. Ive never seen that before, but as I was in the shower it was weird to think that at home I bathe in the same room I would go to vomit or have explosive diarrhea in.
I agree with the photo heh, but oh well!
In response to your points:
1. We use miles for long distances, heh. The rest of Europe uses KM though.
2. Yes, yes it does. :P
3. From my uncultured perspective, french fries is essentially 'thin chips'.
4. Not all places are, no. It varies from home to home. I'd say it's more common to have an all-in-one bathroom than two separate rooms, however having separate rooms is wayyyy more convenient if you live with someone who takes forever in the shower and you just gotta go shit.