Single Status Update
Realised I haven't started a blog post or a poll here yet, so here goes a random topic:
After a moment of contemplation, I've reached to a conclusion that Canadians are cool. I'm Australian by the way. There are other awesome countries undoubtedly (would like to visit Czech republic one day :P) but this one'll do for now.
Here's what I've found after years of observation:
- Most Canadian comedians/actors are quite admirable; not to mention, they host an awesome and incomparable comedy festival in Montreal.
- They are a multicultural country, the very first to be considered as one AFAIK. They consider bilingualism as an accepted norm, and encourages it, yay for activating differences. I am actually bilingual myself, Auslan and English being my language of choice, respectively.
- While at a nightclub celebrating my shared 19th birthday party with 2 other friends of mine 2 nights ago, since our birthday date are within several days of each other, I bumped into a cute Canadian girl who incidentally was also celebrating her 19th birthday. She had a really cute accent; I liked how she pronounced 'beer' and she knew how to one hand fingerspell somehow (I'm very familiar and relatively fluent with ASL fingerspelling). Her sister and co were really nice too.
- Friends of mine that live in England used to live in Canada (they're old farts now), and has nothing but praise for them and wouldn't cease praising when I visited them.
- Two old good friends of mine (a brother and sister) are living in Canada now with Canadian gf/bfs, respectively.
- I know of a cool deaf Canadian bloke who I see from time to time, his girlfriend's an aussie, and a friend.
- My notetaker at uni is a Canadian, and has a good sense of humor, and does a really good job at notetaking.
- My first favourite band was Nickelback (I prefer and worship U2 now, but I still like listening to them)
- Ice hockey is fun.
- Canadian Club is better than Jack Daniels or Jim Beam.
- Australia hosted the Rugby World Cup in 2003; my school received free tickets to watch Canada play against Tonga; traveled 2 hours to and from the match. It was an enjoyable match to watch which Canada won.
- Last but not least, there are cool Canadian doomers here. Inb4Creaphis and esselfortium (and any other Canadians I don't know of or relatively forgotten; I'm only aware of the two as they somewhat profusely advertise the fact they are one)
Hmm, well there's my inductive argument, weak/superficial or not, I thought I'd point it out anyway. :P