Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Why havent you played Doom 2016?

Agentbromsnor said:

So you agree with me that Doom 4 does not have "top-of-the-line visuals" then.

Its the best looking game to be locked at 60 on consoles so yea i'll say its top of the linw.

Wild Dog said:

You don't need 8 cores to run Doom and with the 960 you are going to be able to play at Ultra 1080P.
Look i bet that Doom 2016 can run with a first gen phenom x4, new games need good CPU. Most quad core are good to go.
Look this..

Same GPU, older CPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MijLZ4curxk

I was just going by what the minimum requirements were. I had a feeling i could probably run it. Thanks for the help/tip :)

As someone who owns all these games you need your eyes checked,

comically Tiago Sousa worked on both games, as for the mirror edges comment don't make me laugh. For those of you not playing it because you heard it wasnt good enough I will say it's the best fps I'v played since Half-life 2, you loss not mine.

MrGlide said:

As someone who owns all these games you need your eyes checked, comically Tiago Sousa worked on both games, as for the mirror edges comment don't make me laugh. For those of you not playing it because you heard it wasnt good enough I will say it's the best fps I'v played since Half-life 2, you loss not mine.

What more is there to see on ultra-high besides some added post-processing effects? Stop confusing GPU benchmarks with good graphics. It still looks as bland and uninspired as ever.

I know they hired one of the guys behind Crytek to work on this, but again: Crysis 3 at least runs on integrated GPU's, proving it is more optimized. If you want to have a laugh, just do a Google search for "Doom 4 crash to desktop" (About 148.000 results). It's a joke.

I stand by what I wrote before: I've seen indie projects with better graphics than Doom 4.

I'm still not sure if the argument is over visual fidelity or visual design. It's also nice that you do not list these fabled indie projects.

stubborn users with ebin meme avatars looking to flamebait when not even they themselves are sure what their argument even is.

Agentbromsnor said:

Stop confusing GPU benchmarks with good graphics. It still looks as bland and uninspired as ever.

just do a Google search for "Doom 4 crash to desktop" (About 148.000 results). It's a joke.

I stand by what I wrote before: I've seen indie projects with better graphics than Doom 4.

Ok so you don't like the art design, when you say "good graphics" it sounds as if you're speaking about graphical fidelity, not the cosmetic tone of the game. Doom 4 crashing? sounds like not my problem. Post these indie projects you speak of if you don't mind.

Jaxxoon R said:

I'm still not sure if the argument is over visual fidelity or visual design. It's also nice that you do not list these fabled indie projects.

What? We're talking about graphics. Graphics as a whole.

"Fabled"? Now I know you're being salty.

Here, have a "fable": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6XbrI9jVtQ

This is from a game called Unravel. Notice how the game presents not only a good atmosphere, but knows how to put the attention on the details that matter. Also note how the graphics have more than four colours in it's colour-palette.

MrGlide said:

Ok so you don't like the art design, when you say "good graphics" it sounds as if you're speaking about graphical fidelity, not the cosmetic tone of the game. Doom 4 crashing? sounds like not my problem. Post these indie projects you speak of if you don't mind.

So, you're Jaxoon R's echo now?

He had replied before I finished typing, the yarn game looks good but also doesn't have a lot going on so it's not near as difficult as making Doom or crysis look good.

so this guy babbles for a page and a half on end about matters such as graphic design and visuals and all that over a game that compromises visual aspects to gain a solid framerate on all platforms, then gets questioned as to what his point even is, to which he then resorts to pointing out what makes a game look flashy and therefore better or some shit, and then goes out of his way to prove he does have a point (?) posting a video of a game that is more resembling of a long forgotten mainstream techdemo nobody ever brought up as of the last four months, back when the first trailer for doom 4 was announced (haha, how coincidential he still remembers it at all!). he then brings up two users commenting on his near-flameposts as if implying they were somehow conspiring on his back.

i believe it's only senseful to ask the exact same question I've been meaning to ask both johnnythewolf and thegamephilosophe in this same forum:

what is even your, um, point?

Almonds said:

i believe it's only senseful to ask the exact same question I've been meaning to ask both johnnythewolf and thegamephilosophe in this same forum:

Thanks almonds, you've tipped me on the decision to place yoshi-wub on the same list as them.

Almonds said:

stubborn users with ebin meme avatars looking to flamebait when not even they themselves are sure what their argument even is.

First Johnny, then TheGamePhilosophe, and now this ._. , Lol guess we will get used to them .

Agentbromsnor said:

What more is there to see on ultra-high besides some added post-processing effects? Stop confusing GPU benchmarks with good graphics. It still looks as bland and uninspired as ever.

I know they hired one of the guys behind Crytek to work on this, but again: Crysis 3 at least runs on integrated GPU's, proving it is more optimized. If you want to have a laugh, just do a Google search for "Doom 4 crash to desktop" (About 148.000 results). It's a joke.

Graphics elitist detected.

Almonds said:

so this guy babbles for a page and a half on end about matters such as graphic design and visuals and all that over a game that compromises visual aspects to gain a solid framerate on all platforms, then gets questioned as to what his point even is, to which he then resorts to pointing out what makes a game look flashy and therefore better or some shit, and then goes out of his way to prove he does have a point (?) posting a video of a game that is more resembling of a long forgotten mainstream techdemo nobody ever brought up as of the last four months, back when the first trailer for doom 4 was announced (haha, how coincidential he still remembers it at all!). he then brings up two users commenting on his near-flameposts as if implying they were somehow conspiring on his back.

Spot on.

hey guys i have a macbook air early 2015

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Macintosh HD
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

please tell me if its possible to run doom 4

Christ... Almonds, please learn to write basic English before trying to make strawman-arguments, okay? I already wrote why I think Doom 4's graphics are ugly and unappealing. Do you want me to write an essay on this for you or something?

You guys are seriously the most salty people on this forum, attacking a well-reasoned opinion of their favorite game just because they don't agree with it. You're not being clever by acting like this; you're only making Doom 4 fans look like angsty and obnoxious teenagers.

Linguica said:

lol.

i am dead serious.

look at how i ended my sentence with a period.

Spoiler

Seriously, though: like everyone else, my computer won't handle it. Although it's due for an upgrade within the next year...

Whenever somebody starts a sentence with

Agentbromsnor said:

Christ...

that's when you know you've got him by the balls.

It's implausibly difficult for me to express just how cute it is to have agentbromsnor, of all people, in the vastness of the userbase of these forums, to call anyone out on their english. Must be hard to come up with excuses to have the last word given how you've resorted to pointing me out specifically on such a meaningless thing. Totally says a lot about how not salty you are.

I'm not even going to go ahead and ironically push you to work up an essay because it's prone to read as poorly as your other posts itt, and because, and this is a heads up, nobody outside of a steady group of four or five grognards in this forum will care.

Agentbromsnor said:

you're only making Doom 4 fans look like angsty and obnoxious teenagers.

This is you right here and now. You're not precisely making a favor to anyone disliking the game by making shallow comparisons between it and other nobody indie titles which have absolutely nothing to do with it in an attempt at shooting it down (I'm sorry, 'giving reasonable opinions'), all the while behaving like a stubborn passive-aggressive chode to everyone who dares prove you're flat out wrong.

Have you ever stopped to think about how maybe, just maybe, you don't have a real argument?

I have (had...) a laptop that had no way of running Doom at all. I have played the demo thanks to my friend, and it's wickedly fun.
Funnily enough, this game came out on my birthday.

Haha. I like how suddenly your post contains capital letters and periods. It's good to have Google help you out, and I don't mean that in a snarky way.

You got me by the balls? How so, exactly? Because your strawman comment of my post almost made me physically facepalm? Stop being so salty already. I mean that; you're not gonna get your "gotcha" moment, you're only making yourself look desperate. If it's a serious discussion you want, I can entertain you with one, but only if you stop acting like such a baby.

For the sake of my graphics argument, I pointed out that I think Doom 4 looks like a game from 2009. I backed this up by naming two games that do graphics (by which I mean everything in the graphics department, not just one thing) a lot better. I'm clearly only comparing graphics here, not gameplay or anything else. So yet again, you misconstrue my argument.

That screenshot that got posted just now only serves to bolster the things I've already mentioned before about the graphics. Which is that it has an awful colour-palette, and a muddy, muted and frankly uninspired looking presentation.

Almonds said:

It's implausibly difficult for me to express just how cute it is to have agentbromsnor, of all people, in the vastness of the userbase of these forums, to call anyone out on their english. Must be hard to come up with excuses to have the last word given how you've resorted to pointing me out specifically on such a meaningless thing. Totally says a lot about how not salty you are.

I'm not even going to go ahead and ironically push you to work up an essay because it's prone to read as poorly as your other posts itt, and because, and this is a heads up, nobody outside of a steady group of four or five grognards in this forum will care.

This is you right here and now. You're not precisely making a favor to anyone disliking the game by making shallow comparisons between it and other nobody indie titles which have absolutely nothing to do with it in an attempt at shooting it down (I'm sorry, 'giving reasonable opinions'), all the while behaving like a stubborn passive-aggressive chode to everyone who dares prove you're flat out wrong.

Have you ever stopped to think about how maybe, just maybe, you don't have a real argument?

Damn, you roasted him good lol.

Agentbromsnor said:

You got me by the balls? How so, exactly? Because your strawman comment of my post almost made me physically facepalm? Stop being so salty already. I mean that; you're not gonna get your "gotcha" moment, you're only making yourself look desperate. If it's a serious discussion you want, I can entertain you with one, but only if you stop acting like such a baby.

If there is anyone acting like a baby around here it's you since your biggest complaint about this game is the graphics not looking real enough for you.

Almonds said:

It's implausibly difficult for me to express just how cute it is to have agentbromsnor, of all people, in the vastness of the userbase of these forums, to call anyone out on their english.

*English

"Registered: 02-16"

Are you seriously claiming you've been around for long enough to remember my posts as well as you're implying here? You really are just a loud-mouthed kid. Fucking hilarious, haha.

NodEliteX5 said:

If there is anyone acting like a baby around here it's you since your biggest complaint about this game is the graphics not looking real enough for you.

Citation needed.