Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

DOOM 2016 wins multiple VGA awards, also doomworld shoutout from Stratton

Comments are saying that IGN stole the video for their channel and that's what tripped the copyright flag. This YouTube system is so broken....

I just realized it's the entire 3 hour video stream. Could have been anything. Probably Nintendo's Zelda trailer? lol

MusicallyInspired said:

Comments are saying that IGN stole the video for their channel and that's what tripped the copyright flag. This YouTube system is so broken....

I just realized it's the entire 3 hour video stream. Could have been anything. Probably Nintendo's Zelda trailer? lol

So, then fuck you too for those who flagged the video for unknown reasons, i was about to watch everything.

Again, fuck you too copyright flaggers

Chickensoup101 said:

So, then fuck you too for those who flagged the video for unknown reasons, i was about to watch everything.

Again, fuck you too copyright flaggers

There's no such thing as "copyright flaggers." YouTube's audio and video fingerprinting are automated nonsense.

Quasar said:

There's no such thing as "copyright flaggers." YouTube's audio and video fingerprinting are automated nonsense.

Yeah but then they came out with that retarded YouTube Heroes thing...

Marty said himself that the award that was won was our award, too. So maybe one of us should stroll down to Id HQ and demand to see it. We'll see if Marty was bullshitting or not. >:D

Jet1337 said:

Marty said himself that the award that was won was our award, too. So maybe one of us should stroll down to Id HQ and demand to see it. We'll see if Marty was bullshitting or not. >:D

Does this mean we can put Doom 4 on our resumes? :P

"It says here on your resume that you're exceptional at ripping and tearing. You're hired!"

And, from that day forward, John was hired for the local cattle slaughterhouse.

There was no way Doom was going to beat the monster behemoth MP hit known as Overwatch. That game is backed by Blizzard who usually (D3 is still boring) makes very good games with unlimited resources.

I never like Overwatch. Played about 3 hours of it one Friday and never went back. I understand why people might, but it just isn't for me.

Meh, Dark Souls 3 and Dishonored 2 both had much stronger claims for "Game of the Year" and "Action Game of the Year", IMO. Another Serious Sam clone isn't really anything to be excited about, and Doom 4 isn't even one of the better Serious Sam clones out there.

I know everyone is excited about a Doom game where you actually move fast... but, honestly, Doom 3 was a better game than Doom 4. Doom 4 is just a worse version of Painkiller or Serious Sam 3, with weapons that have poor audio-visual effects leading to weak feedback. Of the "AAA old-school FPS revivalist" movement of recent years, Wolf TNO has been the only one that's captured any of what made the old FPSs good.

Cynical said:

I know everyone is excited about a Doom game where you actually move fast... but, honestly, Doom 3 was a better game than Doom 4. Doom 4 is just a worse version of Painkiller or Serious Sam 3, with weapons that have poor audio-visual effects leading to weak feedback. Of the "AAA old-school FPS revivalist" movement of recent years, Wolf TNO has been the only one that's captured any of what made the old FPSs good.

as someone who's actually recently played through all of Doom 3 and its expansion pack recently, i am strongly disagreeing with the notion of it being better than Doom 4. Doom 3 has aged horribly. it and Quake 4 aren't bad games like that, but they are incredibly mediocre games and not very fun to play. the strongest point of Doom 3 is its world-building and lightning, and the former doesn't really belong much in a Doom game. Doom 4 has flaws, but at least it's much more fun to play, and all the levels are distinct and memorable.

Did you play the originals or BFG Edition?

BFG Edition pretty much ruins the game.

It's pretty much impossible for me to imagine anyone thinking Doom 4's "ctrl+c, ctrl+v" lock-in arenas are more memorable than Doom 3's setpieces. If it weren't for the hype that the Doom name gave it, I doubt the game would have gotten much notice.

Wasn't Doom 3 just a bootleg Half-Life? Reminds me of a modern mediocre indie Steam horror game, personally. Like that awful Cry of Fear or Outlast. It probably would've blended in with the likes of Riddick and Gore were it not for brand recognition and hype. Maybe if the game was released two years earlier or so it would've been better.

Cynical said:

Did you play the originals or BFG Edition?

BFG Edition pretty much ruins the game.

It's pretty much impossible for me to imagine anyone thinking Doom 4's "ctrl+c, ctrl+v" lock-in arenas are more memorable than Doom 3's setpieces. If it weren't for the hype that the Doom name gave it, I doubt the game would have gotten much notice.

Did you actually play Doom4? Doom4's set-pieces couldn't be any less copy/paste if you tried. Helped in part from the virtual texture pages.

Granted you also somehow think it somehow plays like Serious Sam so yeah, kind of impossible to take you seriously.

Edward850 said:

Did you actually play Doom4? Doom4's set-pieces couldn't be any less copy/paste if you tried. Helped in part from the virtual texture pages.

Granted you also somehow think it somehow plays like Serious Sam so yeah, kind of impossible to take you seriously.

Yes, a game that's nothing but a sequence of arena lock-ins spawned enemy waves is nothing like Serious Sam. It's totally more like "classic" FPSs, despite the complete lack of incidental placement or wandering monster effect.

Did you actually play Doom 4?

@Jaxxoon -- I'd rather play either Riddick or Gore than Doom 4, TBH. Especially Riddick.

To Say the new Doom lacked good set pieces is beyond crazy, no offense. The art direction of Mars in particular the outdoor areas were extremely impressive. Doom 3 is still a great game however.

I agree that the encounter variety is a bit lacking in Doom. By the middle of the game you are fighting more or less the same setup. Now it doesn't bother me that much but it is something I would like to see resolved in the next game, along with less reliance on Gore Nests and more incidental and unique fights. They should look at Doom 2 for that. This is after all the most common complaint.

Idk, how about a long, narrow hallway where the walls come up and 10 exploding possessed come after you, or a surprise attack by 12 imps etc.